Where am I going to get this power?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

[Freemantle]

I just got my car out of the shop with the below mentioned mods.

Hole - E - Shiet

This car is quicker and more responsive than anything else I have ever driven (which says somthing, because I have driven an SRT-4 and an RSX-S). Maybe it just feels faster because it is mine, but this is way better than I expected. I am not sure what kind of power I would have if I kept the compression 9.8 or even lifted it higher.

My issue is, this whole time i've wanted boost, but now I'm not sure if I can use it. On my h23 Transmission, I tear through the first three gears as fast as I can shift. We G-Teched my 0-60 at 6.6. That's frikin' sweet IMO. I top out at redline in 5th gear in less than 25 seconds.

What is boost going to do for me? My gearing is so short that I don't really bog for power anywhere. I tap the gas an there is instant in-your-seat g's. Also, I can't deliver the power to the ground too well. I can't drop the clutch yet without the risk of glazing it, but WOT in 1st gear rips my tires from the pavement, and through all but the end of 2nd.

CLIFF NOTES:

On a built motor:

How much better will boost push me?

What can I do to deliver power to the ground in a better way?

What should I do about running through my gears every 1500ms?

I would go ahead and boost anyways, shit I have meet guys that have JDM ITRs that are boosted and they have a 4.78 final drive and they still tear shit up, yeah they are shifting a lot but they still do it. Your car has a 4.27 final drive which granted is a short final drive however in the honda world it is about average. Most of the people I have talked to who run boost run a GSR transmission on their B series motors. The GSR has a 4.4 final drive if I am not mistaken, and that is shorter than your final drive. So I would not worry about your car and boost, I hear the h23 is a great platform to boost. Best of luck.

Back