1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where am I going to get this power?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by [Freemantle], May 7, 2004.

1. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

Vero Beach, FL
    I just got my car out of the shop with the below mentioned mods.

Hole - E - Shiet

This car is quicker and more responsive than anything else I have ever driven (which says somthing, because I have driven an SRT-4 and an RSX-S). Maybe it just feels faster because it is mine, but this is way better than I expected. I am not sure what kind of power I would have if I kept the compression 9.8 or even lifted it higher.

My issue is, this whole time i've wanted boost, but now I'm not sure if I can use it. On my h23 Transmission, I tear through the first three gears as fast as I can shift. We G-Teched my 0-60 at 6.6. That's frikin' sweet IMO. I top out at redline in 5th gear in less than 25 seconds.

What is boost going to do for me? My gearing is so short that I don't really bog for power anywhere. I tap the gas an there is instant in-your-seat g's. Also, I can't deliver the power to the ground too well. I can't drop the clutch yet without the risk of glazing it, but WOT in 1st gear rips my tires from the pavement, and through all but the end of 2nd.

On a built motor:

How much better will boost push me?

What can I do to deliver power to the ground in a better way?

What should I do about running through my gears every 1500ms?
  2. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

San Francisco, Ca.
    I would go ahead and boost anyways, shit I have meet guys that have JDM ITRs that are boosted and they have a 4.78 final drive and they still tear shit up, yeah they are shifting a lot but they still do it. Your car has a 4.27 final drive which granted is a short final drive however in the honda world it is about average. Most of the people I have talked to who run boost run a GSR transmission on their B series motors. The GSR has a 4.4 final drive if I am not mistaken, and that is shorter than your final drive. So I would not worry about your car and boost, I hear the h23 is a great platform to boost. Best of luck.
Draft saved Draft deleted