Where Can I Buy A B17a1?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civichatch33

Where can I buy a B17A1 Integra engine and can I use the Integra GS Tranny or are they the same with both integra engines, meaning the b17A1 and the b18A1? Thanks a lot.

B17A1 is really hard to find,since it was only around for a couple years.You can TRY to find one at a online dealer,but you'll have just as good of luck tracking one done in junkyards.Try www.importautosalvage.com,they have USDM motors and may be able to find one.

You can use the GS tranny, but the gear ratios suck. You are going to pay more for that particular engine because it is rare than it is really worth. You would be better off getting a B18C1 especially if you are planning on reusing your tranny.

Thanks, so do you think I should just rebuild my B18A1 or buy a B16A1? The only reason I don't want to buy a B16 is b/c I can't seem to find any perfomance bolt-ons b/c I don't know what to look for. I know most of the parts are Del Sol and Integra, or at least that's what I heard but I have no clue. I've seen parts like head gaskets and stuff but what I want to know is what I/H/E and stuff like that. Please help if you can.

For aftermarket parts you need to buy parts for a 94-97 Delsol DOHC vtec (B16A3),or a 99-00 Si.

But really the descision on what to get is up to you.The B16A is about as supported as a small block chevy,there is NO shortage of aftermarket for it.

Originally posted by civichatch33@Apr 28 2003, 11:46 PM
k thanks. Should I use my LS tranny (YS1) or go with a Y1 tranny?

I'd get the B17's,or cable B16's over the LS.

hey there,

i have a b17a1 that i will let go give me a price and it is yours. all you need is drive shafts, wireing harrness, ecu, and disrubutor.

Originally posted by civichatch33+Apr 29 2003, 12:12 AM-->
Anyone know if www.osakajdmmotors.com is a good place to buy an engine. I've noticed on their website they seem to have the cheapest prices for all JDM motors compared to the other websites I've looked at.
Osucka sucks donkey balls.Do a search for them and you'll get a book of stories of them burning people.

theWall Posted on Apr 29 2003
@ 12:31 AM
have a b17a1 that i will let go give me a price and it is yours.

Send him a PM or an Email,it works better.

Hahahaha,good pics for the ad...

i-4.JPG

<---JDMPowersales....The axles were missing and i was on vacation. That guys motor is very clean. On Honda-Tech as you can tell from my vouch thread I carry clean engines. I also have a b17a which is complete! because its from a salvaged car. If you would like I am willing to go down to the junk yard and take a picture of it. A buddyof mines has a USDM Junk Yard and we exchange parts every now and then. Pictures are below. That motor has a blurry vin number kind of shady.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddim...DMxeTU0MQ%3D%3D

Back