Where Can I Find Jdm Ecus?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MarkJimenez99

Hi, guys. I was just wondering if you know of any places or sites that sell JDM ECUs. In particular, I'm looking for a 98 or 99 JDM LS ECU. I just swapped an LS engine into my 99 civic dx coupe and I know that the JDM ECUs will make my car run properly with no check engine lights. Reply back if you know of any places or sites that sell JDM ECUs.

a JDM ECU will also make your car cut out at 113mph
:bash: fuckin speed limiters :(

Really? I probably won't be going that fast anyways. So how fast can you go with a USDM ECU? I'm currently running an SI ECU at the moment. The check engine light is on and the problems are regarding the VTEC. I swapped an LS motor in my 99 civic coupe dx. I know that I can convert from OBD2 to OBD1 but my car won't pass smog.(I live in CA) I know you can remove the immobilizer on a USDM OBD2 LS ECU and the car would run properly but I'll still get a check engine light. If I get the Apexi Power FC ECU, my car probably won't be able to pass smog. Anybody have any suggestions? My car seems to be running ok with the SI computer. My idle is a little off(1.5RPM), but it's ok. Would it be a good idea to just keep the SI ECU and somehow bypass the VTEC codes? Is there any way I can tell the ECU to bypass the VTEC? I just want to get rid of that check engine light and make sure my car runs fine and be able to pass smog.

most serious racers used chipped ecu... and reg. racers... like if we buy the motor with the complete package (engine swap) then we get a jdm ecu..but i think chipped ecu is better... hehe

Originally posted by JDMFreak405@Apr 17 2003, 11:53 PM
most serious racers used chipped ecu... and reg. racers... like if we buy the motor with the complete package (engine swap) then we get a jdm ecu..but i think chipped ecu is better... hehe

IMO....it's best to have a stock ecu to get everything in order with the swap. after everything works properly THEN you chip it...true?! i'm still looking for a p13 obd1 for my h22a (93-95 vtec)...so if anyone has a respectable site that carries ecu's let us know!! (i could also benefit from knowing where to find a h22 tranny too) thanks!!

Back