where can i get a faster engine for my del sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

unless you got some money man you dont want the k-swap. i would opt for a d16 turbo buildup or a b16 or gsr b18 something like that. the k-swap is gonna cost a lot of money.

just my .02 cents though.

that shits funny...b18, b16, gsr, h22, k20 (least expensive to most expensive/difficult/powerful).

what kinda times are you looking for at the strip and what kinda cash do you have to spend. You can have a respectable (meanin low 13 MAYBE high 12 second) Del Sol with a b18b, pistons, rods, hmt turbo kit. Itd cost you about 4-5k when its all said and done.

what kinda times are you looking for at the strip and what kinda cash do you have to spend. You can have a respectable (meanin low 13 MAYBE high 12 second) Del Sol with a b18b, pistons, rods, hmt turbo kit. Itd cost you about 4-5k when its all said and done.

you can get low 13's out of a d16 with built bottom end, homemade turbo setup, and a nice tune. you dont need a b18 for that (if you know what your doin :cool: )

for real...??? wat do i have to do. if u can telll me the steps i should take? all i hace now is intake and exhaust tip/... nothin much

well the exuast TIP does nothing for performance. What we are talking about is putting new pistons and rods into your current engine (or a b18b like i suggested) and then mating it with a good exhaust manifold, decent intercooler and a good sized turbo (like a 60-1 if you want a really quick car)...it would do pretty well on the track. The b18 gives you a little more low end...if horsepower numbers are the same, the b18 would beat the d16 in torque and that being said, the 60' would be faster and the ET on the whole would be higher.

how much would pistons, rods, and turbo come out too u think?? exhaust mainfold will come wit a turbo rite? i seen some 3 stage turbo kit on ebay are those any good? one of my friends say that ima have rebuild my engine if i get a turbo kit... it that true?

wow, slow down homeboy....your on the right track but way off base.

believe me, if that were the case youd see a lot more accords in street racing videos...unfortunately, you see civics, del sols and crxs (from the honda side).

When it comes to racing you want the lightest thing possible but with that being said you also want traction and a good wheel base. But theres nothing wrong with a single cam turbo d-series we have them down here in florida and they run good but the tranny to me is the weak point of the d-series

Back