Where did my Oil go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chestercheeto48

VIP
Hey all I have a quick question for you. The past two time I have changed my oil after 3000-5000 mi. ( I use Mobile 1) I have had hardly any oil in the engine. I drive a 96 dx with short ram intake and a stereo 123,xxx miles on it. The weird thing is that I do not have any oil puddles under my car where it has been dripping and there is no visible smoke coming out of the tail pipe. I know I need a valve adjustment but I don't think that that would cause me to lose that much oil so quick. The coolant looks fine as well. This is all the info that I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions? Oh yeah I just paid off the car so I guess this is the typical Payoff = problem you typically get when paying off a car.

Would a tune up help or would it be something else? I guess I may be burning it but I honestly do not see and or smell anything. Like I said I need a valve adjustment but other than that I get the routine maintenence.

all hondas eat oil. you don't see it driving, but if it were on a dyno, you would.

mobile 1 is also very thin. its easy to burn up

Now the next question is should I be all that worried? If you were to guess what would be an acceptable amount to burn? I wanna keep my car drivable and keep up with maintenence but I just purchased an engagement ring for my gf and don't want to take it to a shop to "chase ghosts" so to speak.

just check it every other week and top it off if need be. as long as you don't run it under min, theres really nothing to worry about.

almost every time i did an oil change in the del sol with the z6, i was just above the min dot when i filled it just below the max dot at the change.

Back