Where Did You Tap In To Wire The Iab For Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This is about the only thing I have NO idea about with my swap.
I have the vtec solenoid, vtec oil pressure, and knock sensor all wired at the shock tower engine harness all neat and $hit!

I looked through the electrical part in my GSR helms manual and I can not find find the pin ID's for the shock tower harnesses for the IAB.

The IAB plug is shown in the pic but it's going to be pretty hard to tap in under the manifold. Where do you guys tap in for this wire to run back to the ECU (A17)

305848_148_full.jpg

When I unwrapped my Cx wire harnesses wires are spliced underneath the loom / electrical tape. At some points different color wires would spice in and come out to one wire a totally different color :hammer: Has anyone ever traced the IAB wires back to the shock tower harnesses? If not, where is the best place to tap in to this and run it back to the ECU?

There are 2 wires on the IAB above. A reb / blue wire and a black wire that is hard to see. Does it matter which one you tap into? Is the black a ground?

Thanks!

on my buddy's, we ran a new wire from the iab wire..red/blue... into the cabin, thru a grommet below and to the right of the battery tray...

Originally posted by EGLSHB@Apr 14 2003, 08:34 AM
on my buddy's, we ran a new wire from the iab wire..red/blue... into the cabin, thru a grommet below and to the right of the battery tray...

Can you tell me if that is the correct wire in the pic above? Did you splice the wire right where it plugs into the motor / location in the pic?

Thanks for the info!

yeah, that is right,...pull the plug off the solenoid... cut the red/blue.... add about 5 feet of wire to it, and flex-loom it. run it along the firewall and run it thru the grommet i mentioned earlier.. then you can pin it into A17

Back