Where did you vacation this year?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i gotta have some vacations from work or i go crazy...

every spring i go to central florida and fish for big bedding bass on various different lakes. this year was no exception, it was a great time fishing and camping. also did a weekend in orlando early summer. then a late summer trip up to the big bend part of florida, camping and kayak fishing (saltwater) with my bro and some old friends... lots of fun.

Where is Wisco are you heading to?

The wife and I (with her two brother and their girlfriends and mother/father in law) rented a 5000 sq ft log cabin in Rome WI this summer for a week. It was the best vacation ever. I golfed 90 holes of golf in 5 straight days on excellent courses. We had our own pool and hot tub. We cooked for ourselves and had a hell of a time. We had access to a ski boat for bumming on the local lakes and just relaxed. It was the first time since I got a cell phone at age 16 that I turned if off for more than an hour - I was totally off the cellular/social grid for 7 days. We are doing it again next year same time same place.

We flew into Milwaukee, spent a night in Kenosha and the 2nd night back in Milwaukee. Short trip, but it was great seeing a good portion of our family.

Not familliar with Rome, but it sounds like an awsome vacation!

Just got home, I still can't get over the VW week at Ocean City, sooooo many VWs most of them were loud and all over the place, the thing I noticed the most was ball caps, damn never everyone had a ball cap on and about 50% of them were popped up. like WTF? There was a few legit cars but for the most part they were what looked to be around 15-16 second cars that were loud as shit. And a handful of them didnt run hoods even stock looking cars. Every other car also had blue masking tape on them, most of them said Vtec sucks.

Linh kept going on about all the fags, it was like watching a bunch of HD riders on south park.

Fail. total fail.

I love how you said they all love apple.

I've been making this correlation lately. Most VW fans are apple fans and sometimes visa versa.

I've gone nowhere myself besides a casual trip or two to my dad's property up in TN. I always end up just helping my dad work, but it's better than being home. I definitely need to take my bike up there next time. I'd love to do some whitewater rafting too(not to be correlated with my motorcycle riding).

We went to Belize, Grand Cayman, Honduras, and Cozumel on Carnival Cruises. Wish I was still there!!! Here's a couples pics :)

_MG_1486.jpg

IMG_1108.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

Long Weekends in B'More for O's Games x2
Long Weekends at the Cape x2
Florida/Disney in Oct (5days)
Dallas in Dec for Cowboys game (4 days)

My vacations tend to navigate to sports or the Cape lol.

We flew into Milwaukee, spent a night in Kenosha and the 2nd night back in Milwaukee. Short trip, but it was great seeing a good portion of our family.

Not familliar with Rome, but it sounds like an awsome vacation!

Rome is about a 40 minutes north of Wisconsin Dells. It is an area where a developer built three medium sized man made lakes (Arrowhead, Camelot, and Sherwood) not too far from the second largest flowage in WI and sold lots . It is kind of one of those spots where 90 percent of the homes owned are second homes/vacation properties. Besides the lakes there are a ton of 4wheeler/snowmobile trails and a number of really nices golf courses. It is about an hour and a half from Madison so it makes it easy and quick to get to but you still have the feeling of being in norther wi. We are definately going back.

I drove a whole 45 minutes to Biloxi and stayed 4 days for Scrapin The Coast... Not really a huge deal travel wise but I had a blast!

Going to San Diego this weekend with my parents, little brother and wife. My little brother has a Boy Scouts trip to go take a tour of the USS Midway. We are going to be spending the night on the ship in the crews quarters.. Should be interesting.. Monday we're going to head over to Sea World and coming back home on tuesday. It will be a nice little vacation away from work, tahts for sure.

Long Weekends in B'More for O's Games x2
Long Weekends at the Cape x2
Florida/Disney in Oct (5days)
Dallas in Dec for Cowboys game (4 days)

My vacations tend to navigate to sports or the Cape lol.

You could have met up with us but noooooo.

I'll hit you up next opening day Jeffie, as long as you don't mind traveling to B'more. We don't normally rent a car...

I'll hit you up next opening day Jeffie, as long as you don't mind traveling to B'more. We don't normally rent a car...

Takes me 15 minutes to get to the Os. Parking is another story, Anytime we go to Bmore we always hit up Fells Point. Not a big fan of the rest of Bmore.

spent 10 days in ocean beach/san diego around july 4; froze ass off in crazy winter-like conditions.

spent 3 days last week in zion nat'l park, 2 hiking the narrows. gooorgeous, but so damned sore.

weekend trips to the redwoods, then tahoe, then grand marais, then san diego coming up over the next few months.

i like to GTFO.

I just got back from a little weekend vacation with the parents, little brother and wife.. We left phx friday night and came back tuesday afternoon. My little brother had a boy scout trip to the USS Midway museum in San Diego.. We spent the night on the Ship Saturday night. Sunday we just kinda hung out, went to the beach, that kinda thing. Monday we spent all day at Sea World. Haven't been there in probably 8 years. My wife hadn't been there since she was about 6. We had a blast! The best part was that my parents payed for everything, bwahahaha. The only problem is that it went by too damn fast >.<

we drove 14 hours to the hoover dam, then went to vegas for two days, then to los angelas for two days, then to the grand canyon for two days, we saw some amazing sights!!

Back