Where do Swap Engines come from

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

keehnel1414

Where do companys like hmotorsonline get there engines from? Are they stolen or are they brand new? Does honda make motors just for people to swap?

I was just wondering. Thanxs for any replies.

I just purchased my h22 from them in person. They had lots of front clips in there so I assumed they were legit jdm motors. Long story short: Japan sends their used motors to the US.

Originally posted by 93preludesivtec@Jul 28 2003, 06:06 PM
I just purchased my h22 from them in person. They had lots of front clips in there so I assumed they were legit jdm motors. Long story short: Japan sends their used motors to the US.

:werd: . japan's smog is dicked. they have to replace their engines every 30k mi by law. so then they just ship 'em here.

They actually grow on trees.

Most of them come from wrecked cars.
Honda made a bajillion civics and integras and people are kind enough to crash them for us under 35,000 miles :)

They do also just make engines for engine replacements, but these are horribly overpriced. Most honda shops can do rebuilds too, selling rebuilt engines.

Many companies buy front clips of rear-end totaled cars to get clips.
Hmotors are all bought engines, they come with CARB stickers etc... for authenticity. Although I'm sure there are places that sell stolen engines (hondas are the most stolen car in america).

Originally posted by kylemarhx+Jul 28 2003, 03:10 PM-->
93preludesivtec
@Jul 28 2003, 06:06 PM

:werd: . japan's smog is dicked. they have to replace their engines every 30k mi by law. so then they just ship 'em here.

:werd:

japan is stupid like that but it works out perfectly for us.
that's the reason why some places say that the engines have less than 40K miles on them, because they get it from japan.

Their loss our gain, I think. Actually our loss. It would be nice to get 2.0 turbo charged motors or even some inline6's with twin's on it. From a honda perspective we make out good :)

Milan

Originally posted by Hexen@Jul 28 2003, 07:10 PM
(hondas are the most stolen car in america).

im pretty sure toyota still holds that title (camry)

actually, I beleve the integra is the most stolen car, thank you. Camry is #2, in more than one way.

because there are SHIT LOADS of them out there and the owners are generally broke ... so that means they will go to shady ass garages (chop shops) to get shit fixed

not all stolen cars are used for joy riding

just read an article in the new Honda Tuning mag that says there is a growing shortage of B-series honda engines. this is driving up the price and making it difficult to find things like B-series tranny's. the problem is that honda stopped making the b series engines a few years ago and alot of them have been swapped already. one guy they talked to said he used to have a garage full of b series engines and tranny's a few years ago, and now its almost impossible to just locate a spare b16 tranny for the race car they have.

yeah, sir1's are becoming obsolete. prices are going up to reflect it.

who cares. honda tuning is done anyway. once all our cars are beat to shit from age, thats it. 2001+ honda is done for. none of us will be driving hondas in 5-10 years.

speak for your self i have now finished removing every spot of rust from my baby and it will be my coffin when i die

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jul 29 2003, 03:50 AM
yeah, sir1's are becoming obsolete. prices are going up to reflect it.

who cares. honda tuning is done anyway. once all our cars are beat to shit from age, thats it. 2001+ honda is done for. none of us will be driving hondas in 5-10 years.

actually, there are companies that are starting to make their own B series engines from scratch, like Dart...and there is another one that i cant remember. of course, they cost alot more.

Yes I have seen these engines he's talking about they make them in a High compression for N/A set-up and low compression for turbo/F/I. BUT they finally released the HP #'s and I was not impressed at all for how much the suckers cost. I believe it was like only 220HP to the wheels and for the cost on the engine you can do it yourself anf get the same HP #'s and actually save alittle money but I guess they made these for people that wanted something right off the bat and really didn't want the hasel of bulding one. I if I was EVER going to buy a " CRATE" motor so to say it'd deffinitly be a Spoon. and no not cause of " TF&TF" i saw a vi.deo on the internet of a EG civic with JUST a spoon motor in it smoke the piss out of a modified turbo MR-2 and not by like half a car he walked him and this is N/A against a Mid engine RWD turbo car and all he did was buy a pre-bult motor and stick it in his car. They cost alot but it'd be nice to have a engine like that

Back