where do you add oil to B16 tranny?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatukazi

ambitious...but rubbish
I got a bit of a leak out of my tranny where the axle on the drivers side goes in.
I used to have a 91 Si and needed to replace a seal to stop that before, anybody know what seal to order so I can get it from the honda dealer?
I really dont want to fry my tranny.

I used the beck arnley part 052-3545 should be the correct part.
http://factoryautostore.com/product/51116011/B000CB0YR6/Beck_Arnley_052_3545_Seal/?tag=valuefetch-20&__utma=1.1493984974.1193196871.1193196871.1193196871.1&__utmb=1&__utmc=1&__utmx=-&__utmz=1.1193196871.1.1.utmccn%3D(organic)%7Cutmcsr%3Dgoogle%7Cutmctr%3Dbeck%2Barnley%2B052-3545%7Cutmcmd%3Dorganic&__utmv=-&__utmk=235238914

just tell them the USDM equivalent vehicle that had that transmission.
should be like 2-5 bucks for the part.
its also known as a [SIZE=-1]"Differential Output Shaft Seal"

[/SIZE]Go up to the parts counter they should have something to help locate parts like that on their computer

put the synchro mesh where? I can see the drain plug but I dont know where the refill hole is.

thanks for the part numbers too.

adding the oil keeps it together until I can fix it.

Last edited:
the fill plug should be a bit farther up than the drain plug on the transmission casing. Closer to the back and slightly above the passenger side axle.
Worst case I have heard of people filling it though the VSS sensor.
Should be about 2 qts. dry.

Most likely you will have to use a funnel to get it in either place. I would recommend using the fill plug because you fill it there until it starts to seep out.

Also honda sells MTF fluid for the transmission. It was like 5 or 6 bucks a quart when I last got it.

Last edited:
thanks a whole lot, I just got the car, it's my 5th this year, I actually want to keep this it hella fun.:D

Just to add.. the fill plug has a 17mm head on it so look for that where Z6 mentioned. And I'd recommend using Honda MTF as well. When you pull the axle to change that seal you're going to lose all your fluid, so drain it first and make sure you have 2 qts so you can fill it back up.

if you have not done the seals, just order seals for a 91 integra and any auto store and use honda mtf

thanks for the look out but I got huge problems to deal with first, thinking of just pulling the engine and tranny and start over.

Back