Where do you buy the IAC?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

preludude

Is there a place that sells IAC valves? Is the honda dealership the only place?? Is there a place to get it used?

Been there done that. Is there a specific place anyone knows? I guess its not that common a product....

I can go to honda, but they're always a ripoff...ebay doesn't have it....junkyard you gotta get lucky to find a prelude...

go to an auto dismantlers. im lucky,about 15 min from my house we have a honda/acura/nissan only auto dismantlers.i go there and get damn good deals on anything i need.either that or pick and pull.but most of the cars are stripped to the shell the first couple of days and its about an hour away.

$38 !!!!! damn i got mine for $15 i got one for my b16 of an integra that was virtually brand new.

Originally posted by PHOBIA@Jul 12 2004, 07:36 AM
$38 !!!!! damn i got mine for $15 i got one for my b16 of an integra that was virtually brand new.

Well yea, but if he is not going to put forth enough effort to find one for cheap (could probably score one for free in a junkyard) than paying more is the price you pay.

Where is the IAC located? When i called the honda dealer they said it was on the intake manifold?

I pulled out the sensor on the lower part of the throttlebody, he said thats the fast speed sensor? If you pull that out, is the idle supposed to drop?

Originally posted by preludude@Jul 13 2004, 06:24 AM
so then where is the IAC?
Where is the intake manifold? Tahts the rear part of the engine right?
right behind the valve cover?

What you removed is the Fast Idle Thermo Valve. the Idle Air Control is on the front of the intake manifold, as in the picture in the link I posted, and it is white.

yea, so it is attached to the throttle body then right? b/c that little black piece is whats connected to the throttle body.

Back