1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where has the oil gone?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Taco15, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Taco15

Taco15 I wear stretchy pants VIP

ok as some may now i just rebuilt my lsvtec with all new parts. I broke it in and the break in oil was fine. everything was going smooth. lately my car has been using oil like mad. within 2 weeks use 1/2 quart! what the hell? i dont leak it either. I smoke alittle when i get on it. nothing major. After a while though my bumper gets black if i let it.

what could it be? i've wanting a catch can since i dont have one. My black box behind the block doesnt have any hoses either. its just there. isnt there supposed to be a hose from the intake manni to the box? All the seals are new including valve seals since the previous one smokes during vtec. also When i did a pass with some buddies they said that i was running rich.said it was a strong fuel smell when i passed by them. but i got the damn car tuned! i should be in the 14.xx A/F range

help! the car is going in tomm to get a compression check,type R oil pump. pretty much try to figure out whats wrong

2. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

check your drain plug.

3. Taco15

for what? leaks? dude the car has sat inmy driveway for days at a time and never leaked not one single drop. Its really weird and scary. i dont see oil in the coolant. Every once in a while i'll see a pice or two of the gasket copper sealer. thats it.

4. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

yeah, my new mirage doesnt leak either but the oil comes out of there. its just a hair wet right under the drain plug threads. i lost almost 2qts of oil ad i never left any spots.

i changed the oil and put my fram quickchange plug in, almost ready for its next oil change and still proper level.

5. Taco15

hmm thanks. i do have a little wet oily spot around the plug. under the distributer as well (ls dizzy with one bolt). thanks man i'll change that today and see what happens.

6. Taco15

well i change the drain plug with a magnetic one and new washer. checked my canister in the back of the block and its hooked up right. the dizzy is the only thing thats got oil problems. I'll change that when i get a b16 one.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted