Where is MAP sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ronhonda

Just finished swap and getting 3 codes (map). WHere is MAP on JDM B16 A2?
Autrozone sells for $140 !.... , but didn't have it. What does it look like?
Thanks

If it isn't mounted on top of the TB, than it is attached to the TB via a hose, and mounted on the firewall.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 18 2004, 03:17 AM
If it isn't mounted on top of the TB, than it is attached to the TB via a hose, and mounted on the firewall.
[post=364763]Quoted post[/post]​

The old engine had the MAP mounted above the TB air intake, but the new B16 A2 has no MAP that is that I can find. Will I have to add one? All the connectors plugged in and I have no loose wires!
Thanks

In the picture below you can follow the hose off my TB to the firewall, that's where my MAP is.

s402bd14fa8766.jpg

92b16xx,
My civic engine had the MAP mounted on the TB above the intake opening. The wiring was incorporated in the CIvic engine harness (Yellow/red, Green/white, and White).
The B16 engine harness had no MAP wires (and empty spade clips in the connector), so you are correct that the ECU must have been mounted on the firewall of the engine donor vehicle. I'll call Hmotors Monday and get the to send me a firewall mounted MAP.
Thanks for the help.....
Ronnie
PS, the engine runs, but pretty weak. Revs good and will crank 7K but has little power. Think the MAP will help?
THANKS Guys
Took MAP sensor off TB and hooked to B16 via a hose. The engine harness had no MAP wiring, so spliced into Civic wiring harness.
Really Hums now. B) B) ....VTEC and all.
Throwing 23's when VTEC kicks in.
Any ideas

Back