Where is this (vaccum?) line supposed to go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Theres no line on it now, I bought the car like that. What/where is it supposed to go?

Also, would it explain choppy idle at startup (fine once warm)?

thnx

engine_edited2.jpg

that kinda looks like the one for the IACV. id help you, but id have to see it to know for sure. id be looking on the back of the IM though.

That's the EVAP purge solenoid. It doesn't do shit. The vacuum line from the sensor goes on the IM, if that's what you're asking...

unplugged and no CEL, god bless OBD1. OBD2 will give you a CEL for EVAP if your gas cap isnt on.

Yeah, its got a CEL. See in this pic (and every other one I see), the line goes over the intake and down in back somewhere...?

96_12.JPG

I assume its got a P75 in it...I haven't checked

-I'm swapping the motor out of the red car into my hatch

is it obd1 or does it have a conversion harness. i helped a friend of mine put a 96 b18b in his 92 hatch with an obd-1 p-75 and thats not hooked up and no CEL, actually the whole sensor is unplugged. but if your runnin the obd2 ecu then thats why your getting a CEL.

well shit i cant even see your pic. what year is the engine. i was lookin at the black teg. thats a obd2 engine.. or at least the valve cover is...

yeah, its an ODB2 motor...like I said I haven't even looked to see if it has a jumper harness or anything...

I bought it, drove it to work and parked it until this Saturday when I plan on doing the swap

I just happened to see there was no line coming off that sensor

Alright, so its def an OBD2 motor, and theres no jumper harness.

Its a P75, but they all have the same numbers so I don't know if its an OBD1 or 2 ECU....what the fuck do I do?

The motor is still in the donor EG, it runs, it just idles rough at startup and theres a CEL...get a harness or leave it until I install it in my car?

How about this...Can I run the motor w/my OBD1 D15 ECU and see if it still throws a CEL?

ok just pull the ecu and try to put it in your car... your car is obd-1 right??? it wont plug up if its not the same. if not just order an obd-1 p75.. ill look on another one of my buddies cars to see if he has that hooked up. have you checked the code to see what it is??? could possibly be somethin else causing the CEL and the rough start up

Quoted post[/post]]
How about this...Can I run the motor w/my OBD1 D15 ECU and see if it still throws a CEL?

it will run.. and it shouldnt throw a code if thats your problem... but if its an o2 or a IAT or somethin then it will still throw the code

Yeah, my cars ODB1...I'll check the code and see what it is.

thanks

I'm getting 6 flashes...Engine Coolant Tempeture Sensor

fuck...I'll have to swap it my car, hook everything up the right way and just see what happens...thanks again

Back