Where should I go to college

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
my bad, but still niether school is that great in the way of stuff to do besides party. and honestly i go on alot of roadtrips to other schools and wherever i go we can out drink them by alot. and my school was on that list last in 1985. you can find a great party where ever. go to a school that your not going to be bored out of your mind when you arent drinking.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm just going to say I don't think you're very well versed in the campus.

Being the P.O.S. I am, and rather than heading directly to PSU from High School, I decided to take the county college route for finance reasons and because I just wasn't ready for a serious college life. As a result, I've gotten to see a ton of colleges, and explore a ton of other places.

With that said, with atleast 40,000-50,000 attending the school, and add about another 20,000-30,000 people that are interning or stuck around after school, there's a ton of young people there at all times.

They have intramural sports for everything, club sports that play both d3 and d1 schools, and regular sports teams. They have clubs for everything you can think of whether you're asian, or gay, or like cars, or workout.

Beaver Stadium, their football stadium seats 109,000 people - thats more than I'm pretty sure every NFL stadium there is and if not the largest, its in the top 5. If it was so cold in Pa during the winter, you can bet a superbowl would have been held there.

They have a ton of extra playing fields for anyone to play on, pools, tons of tennis courts, a downtown that you can walk around, free golf course, everyone plays ultimate frisbee, football, baseball, soccer, volleyball, etc., outside every weekend morning and when it gets warm at the end of the spring semester its ridiculous how many babes go out in their bikinis and how everyone is outside of the dorms and active. Frankly, it would be like nirvana if it was always warm there - but its still a ton of fun.

Add in ski teams and clubs and all kinds of crap to do during the winter when it snows.

To be honest, I don't think any other school in the nation can touch it for how many things it has to do - just as a result of the amount of people that go there. Sure its in East bumblefuck, Pa but once you're there its like its own world - the drive is the only shitty part.
very good points. i guess im just spoiled from growing up 30 minutes from NYC and 20 minutes from a beach.

I'm not going to lie but my town has everything you listed new2thecarscene.

The only downer is its a big hippy school. Hell my dorm has 4 tennis courts, pool tables, table tennis galore, big screen tv lounges, a basketball court, and underground parking. Just my dorm. There are hella others with much more stuff.

I play softball, I'm on the wakeboard team. I run along the ocean everysingle afternoon, and I work down the road, at an electrical contracting place that hires college kids to run the shop as they know its a college town.

Man I have it made.

WWU.

I know its not on your list... and I do not know where you are from. But if you get a chance...Check out Roger Williams University. That is where I graduated. Excellent school. Awesome place to live in, and It comes in at roughly 30K a year. Def an EXCXELLENT school. And surprisingly hot girls go there. Look it up when ya get a chance. It's located in Bristol Rhode Island.

Quoted post[/post]]
very good points. i guess im just spoiled from growing up 30 minutes from NYC and 20 minutes from a beach.

Thats a good point, but I live 45 mins from NYC and 45 mins from the beach, and most of the time I don't make it down to either places during the year.

Quoted post[/post]]
I'm not going to lie but my town has everything you listed new2thecarscene.

The only downer is its a big hippy school. Hell my dorm has 4 tennis courts, pool tables, table tennis galore, big screen tv lounges, a basketball court, and underground parking. Just my dorm. There are hella others with much more stuff.

I play softball, I'm on the wakeboard team. I run along the ocean everysingle afternoon, and I work down the road, at an electrical contracting place that hires college kids to run the shop as they know its a college town.

Man I have it made.

WWU.

Other places can have the same things, but not in the same quantity.

Warmer weather would be nice. Thats the one downfall to PSU.

...but I'm just trying to give him a point of view of someone who goes there regularly, and was going to attend there.

Ok so if you are looking for a list of Party school....

I dunno how many of you have a subscription to Playboy, but I do. And this month they showed the girls of the top 10 party schools. And the schools are as follows...

1) Wisconsin
2) UC Santa Barbara
3) Arizona State
4) Indiana
5) San Diego State
6) Florida State
7) Ohio
8)Georgia
9) Tennessee
10) McGill

Now this is only Playboys opinion..but if you saw the girls from this school...you'd go there. Makes me wanna get my masters degree.

Quoted post[/post]]

I dunno how many of you have a subscription to Playboy, but I do. And this month they showed the girls of the top 10 party schools. And the schools are as follows...

1) Wisconsin
2) UC Santa Barbara
3) Arizona State
4) Indiana
5) San Diego State
6) Florida State
7) Ohio
8)Georgia
9) Tennessee
10) McGill

Now this is only Playboys opinion..but if you saw the girls from this school...you'd go there. Makes me wanna get my masters degree.

And playboy also said they couldn't rank PSU because they couldn't rank pros against amateurs.

Quoted post[/post]]

1) Wisconsin
2) UC Santa Barbara
3) Arizona State
4) Indiana
5) San Diego State
6) Florida State
7) Ohio
8)Georgia
9) Tennessee
10) McGill

There's a reason they're party schools though. It's sooo easy to get into them, meaning they are not good schools. Like a go to a group 3 school in South NJ. It's a good academic school and it's a state school so it's cheap. But I party hard all the time. You can have a "party school" party anywhere. However I'm sure that there are people that are here at Rowan who think the party scene sucks. I'll quote my friend on this last part, "You don't need location to get what you want, (then in an Italian accent) you just need to know a guy". Just like in parties and in life knowing the right people means everything.

Fuck education. Im graduating in less than a month and thats my opinion. I regret college mostly, except for the blah blah blah you'll get your foot in the door crap. Go to college merely for the partying, you wont remember 1 god damn thing you learned there anyway and this isnt coming from some dumbass college student, I currently own a 3.56 GPA... which means jack-fucking-shit in the real world. College blows.

I vote UCONN for basketball, sluts, and booze.

Join the Air Force

Same great parites
100% Free tuition in addition to the GI bill to whatever college you want
Military training awards you with accredited semester hours
gain job experience
nail chicks from three different contenents :thumbsup:

In the end if you apply yourself you end up back in the civilain world with a Bacholor's in about six year, you'll have aquired valuable experience, and best of all you'll be debt free!

And you can say you did something for your country, freedom isn't free, nor are those advantages you've had over the rest of the world for the last 18 years

think about it and goodluck!

If I had it to do over again and didnt play sports I would have gone to college in Boston. Something like 28 colleges in that area!!!!

almost any college you go to will have some great parties and you'll have fun no matter what. I go to a state school of less then 8000 students and any night of the week there is something going on if you really want to party. Every school is going to have this so don't ever try and base your discision on this. Look for the serious stuff like avg. job placement after college, starting sallery, ect.

For me, why I love my college because is its located in a huge snow belt and people embrace the weather. The community is really small, so you get to know people all over campus unlike larger schools where you tend to never see fimiliar faces except when you go to socialize. Down sides are the 90% engineering ciriculum makes the guy to girl ratio pretty shitty but its not hard to make due

Back