where should vtec kick in???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are on the topic of where to set the VTEC... How about for a GS-R b17? I feel it kick in at like 6000. The redline starts at 8000 and tops at 9000. Is 6000 a good place to have my vtec to start?

it should be the same as the b16 at 5500 not 6k^^.. i used to think mine was at 6k because thats when it got louder, but its not

you hear it kick in higher because you have a two stage manifold. most vtec engine run with a lo/hi vtec. the secondaries open up usually 800rpm higher but thats on a stock ecu. all settings are different on different ecus. your best bet would be to get an obd1 ecu and have it chipped to what your tuner thinks it best.

why the hell is this thread back from the dead.

STOP IT.

you hear it kick in higher because you have a two stage manifold. most vtec engine run with a lo/hi vtec. the secondaries open up usually 800rpm higher but thats on a stock ecu. all settings are different on different ecus. your best bet would be to get an obd1 ecu and have it chipped to what your tuner thinks it best.

Just to keep from spreading misinformation, I'm adding to the closed thread, lol.

B17s do NOT have two stage manifolds. Only the b18c1 has them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back