Where to buy a b-series tranny??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mucus_relief

I have done some searching, but nothing really answers what i want to hear, where are some good places to get a gsr or type r b-series transmission, I live NC so more than likley i will end up ordering one since i dont see many of these in a junk yards lol

also if you could tell me how recently it was you got it and how much did it cost you and what kind of condition it was in would be great, key word is recently cause most of the things i pull up on search are from 2-3 years ago :) thanx for the help in advance

id still like to know how much you guys that have bought one recently paid for it atleast, i know the sites have listings and i appreciate the links but just curious how much people are getting thier's for b4 i spend 1100 plus shipping for a tranny, specially when its double of what the engine i have costed me

b16 transaxles usually go for 800+ shipping.

I saw that these trannys run about 1000 plus, best thing try and call an acura dealer I'm getting a ITR trans for my B18 next month from an acura dealer (Curry Acura) in Scarsdale, NY for 1,700 thats brand spanking new, still in the crate and they sell it as a complete package deal, they're giving me the complete trans with a clutch setup. I figure if I'm gonna search a junk yard and spend about 1000 (give or take) even getting it online and spending 1000 plus and not knowing what I'm getting till it gets to my door step, I might as well get a new one with a factory warranty for 12 months 12,000 miles and have peace of mind... HAPPY SHOPPING;)

yeah i was thinking about checking the dealership myself, might be my best bet in the long run, then i dont have to worry about shipping on my end, and thanx for the info

Back