1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to buy a b-series tranny??

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by mucus_relief, May 2, 2008.

1. mucus_relief

mucus_relief New Member

I have done some searching, but nothing really answers what i want to hear, where are some good places to get a gsr or type r b-series transmission, I live NC so more than likley i will end up ordering one since i dont see many of these in a junk yards lol

also if you could tell me how recently it was you got it and how much did it cost you and what kind of condition it was in would be great, key word is recently cause most of the things i pull up on search are from 2-3 years ago :) thanx for the help in advance

2. mucus_relief

mucus_relief New Member

wow thanks for the help guys lol, guessing no one has bought a b-series tranny in the last year or so it seems :p

3. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

4. eg6sir

eg6sir Supa Mod Moderator VIP

5. mucus_relief

mucus_relief New Member

id still like to know how much you guys that have bought one recently paid for it atleast, i know the sites have listings and i appreciate the links but just curious how much people are getting thier's for b4 i spend 1100 plus shipping for a tranny, specially when its double of what the engine i have costed me

6. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

$1,100 plus shipping?!? From where?!?

7. LS_VTEC

LS_VTEC you get the BRAKE

b16 transaxles usually go for 800+ shipping.

8. mucus_relief

mucus_relief New Member

jdm gsr and typr stuff on torontojdm site, i was just using it as an example, but you get my drift

9. shortcut10467

shortcut10467 New Member

I saw that these trannys run about 1000 plus, best thing try and call an acura dealer I'm getting a ITR trans for my B18 next month from an acura dealer (Curry Acura) in Scarsdale, NY for 1,700 thats brand spanking new, still in the crate and they sell it as a complete package deal, they're giving me the complete trans with a clutch setup. I figure if I'm gonna search a junk yard and spend about 1000 (give or take) even getting it online and spending 1000 plus and not knowing what I'm getting till it gets to my door step, I might as well get a new one with a factory warranty for 12 months 12,000 miles and have peace of mind... HAPPY SHOPPING;)

10. mucus_relief

mucus_relief New Member

yeah i was thinking about checking the dealership myself, might be my best bet in the long run, then i dont have to worry about shipping on my end, and thanx for the info

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted