Where to buy an empty computer tower shell?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
A lot of the ones I see on ebay are brand specific like empty Dell or Gateway ones.

Where can I get an empty generic tower shell? I know I've seen them at places like local computer stores, best buy and such. Is that a good option?

I bet I could build two or three computers from the parts my brother has sitting in his garage. I should take a picture of the one he's got hanging on the wall. lol

Ah. Comp USA... I could go tomorrow and get a decent case for 40 bucks. Nice.

Looking around some more... it seems I'll have to get a power supply as well depending on which one ... hmmm...

I just bought 1800 bucks worth of stuff through newegg.com and it was a big pain in my butt, even more so since I HAD to use IE. F them. I'll NEVER buy from them again. in the end I still didn't get all the shit I ordered. thankfully it was close enough. also their support sucks.

zipzoomfly has always been great for me and zero issues in the last X many years of using them, even back in the day when they were googlegear.com

ZipZoomFly has cases both with and with out powersupplys on top of that they have tons of options. comp usa also has a lot of options but I found that when I went there they had only like 5 cases. WTF also prices were to high.

If they have what you want in stock and the price is good, go for the comp usa one, again I went and had very little to choose from.

p.s I've also had good luck with tigerdirect.com

zipzoomfly is okay. even though is freeshipping, they jack up the price to match it. i fucking hate tiger direct. rebates are still hard as fuck to get back from them. anything from the compusa, bestbuy, etc... is way too expensive. i would say newegg is your best bet, but shipping is a killer, like $15. if you have a fry's, i suggest you check them out. they usually have pretty good deals on a couple of cases weekly. if you want a really nice case for a really good price, go to SVC.com - Computer Hardware & Cooling and look under clearance. they have a cooler master that is has one of the best build qualities ive seen. its kinda funny looking, but its a really nice case overrall.

So I have the pick of the litter with that? Do they come with power supplies?

Pics?

Dunno what you're going on about... I've never ordered using IE and everything works smoothly.

I'm running the newest FF 2.0.0.3
new egg works fine, but as soon as you go to log in it says you're logged in but you can't do jackchit with out being taken back to the log in page. Only way to get to the check out page was to close down FF and open IE.

Just ask B I was bitching up a storm when I ordered from them.
Again I wont buy from them unless they have a kick ass deal I can't pass up, I use to give props to newegg but after my last buy of almost 2G worth of stuff, I wont touch the site or tell people to use them.

It took almost TWO HOURS to play my order, AFTER putting everything in my cart, I spent a good bit of time on the live chat support and some of the things I was told.....

zipzoomfly or tirgerdirect for me.

Truth be told, I only used newegg.com so B could make some money off the deal, however with all the problems I had, in the end I don't think he got jack shit. I've yet to ask him for an update but I do believe he got screwed out of the 4% or whatever it was he should have made.

Once the order was placed, it did come really fast. Do keep in mind, any monitors over X big, or any bulk, sized items CANNOT be returned to newegg, in fact they make you check a box stating that you agree you will not return an item to them.... Tiger direct at least gives you 15 days to return monitors.

I have a perfectly good 17" monitor. Don't need 4 of em anyway.

Back