where to buy main bearings and rod bearings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KFBhonda

i am building a b16a and i need to replace the main bearings, rod bearings, and thrust washers. i know i can go to a dealer, but their prices are high, so does anyone know of anywhere else? thanks.

dealer is best but you can get them from a autoparts store like autozone, napa, advance etc....generally not as good a quality but theyll do

ok thanks.
but i meant oem genuine honda bearings. doesn't anyone offer a discount on the real honda bearings?

Get friendly with your local Honda Dealer parts guy. After about 3 months of buying parts consistently through the same dealer they cut my ex-roommate and I a 15% discount.

yea thats pretty much the only way to get those kinda parts cheaper....dealer is the only place you can get stock hond bearings....get a job at the dealer and your set lol....

or get ACL bearings, you can find these at most online performance stores

Call a machine shop, preferably the one you dealer uses. They'll have the same thing for half the price. It's what they use when they work on the motors for Honda. The ACL bearings are nice. For $100 you can get both and you don't have to worry about figuring out what color you need.

contact a guy on honda-tech.com whose screen name is Earl. He sells ACL's and finally has them in stock, when I get paid I am going to get set my self. I think he sells them for $110.

thanks for the suggestions.
i have never heard of ACL bearings. are they really better than the honda bearings? i'll look into them.

I would no touch any federal mugol on a honda engine. Sealed power= federal mogul. good for a SB 350 but not good enough of a b16. honda machining goes down to about .001"-.002". most of these comanies will produce a generic bearing good for regular driving but not good for what you plan to do.

I appreciate the responses.
I emailed the Earl guy and am waiting for a reponse.
I figure the ACL's are good quality but I want to build the engine as perfectly as I am capable and the color-coded thicknesses of the Honda bearings are probably best. I will be plastigage-ing the original bearings tomorrow.

eather use Napa, cheap-but not as good, that's what I used, and I seeled the car after it, did you try looking on the Ebay,

they may have some genuine Honda parts,

Back