Where to buy or piece together a gym stereo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ahhh, it looks like you are using the amplifier in place of a receiver.

integrated amplifier. has volume control. just has no radio or any kind of built in audio source. with this one you still need an external source, but lets face it, nobody wants to listen to the actual radio in a gym. anything with a 3.5mm output will plug into this amp and provide the audio. so, add in a sirius radio, or even an old cell phone with pandora installed and connected to the wifi. many options to be had.

there is a reason they make commercial grade audio equipment. home audio is just that: home audio. they are both made for specific reasons and types of areas/uses. Same thing goes with car audio, I'm not sure about you guys, but I have no intention of ever putting a home audio amp into my car, I'll buy a car amp. For a commercial use, one that will be used for hours and hours for 5 to 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, I'll invest the money (although we are running around the same cost) to get something that is designed for that kind of abuse.

That's why i like the Idea of the Behringer Bluetooth's. All you need is the Speakers and that's it. Almost everyone already has a tablet, laptop and/or cell phone that has bluetooth. You pay 3.99/m for Pandora for no ads or if you have Amazon Prime you get a ton of music included with that.

Install the speakers....connect your device via Bluetooth, BAM done. No need to mess with Amps or Receivers or any other equipment.

stop messing with "home theater" shit.

You need pro audio stuff.

You need a power amp, or what they call 'active' speakers (self-powered) that listens to a source (any receiver with rca's or better on it probably)

4 of these http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/LS1502A and some central controller would fill it nice
Basically wound up with this.

2 1000watt, 2 channel, 12 inch powered EV speakers and a 800watt amp. After cables, $1480.

It jams. I was just at a bigger gym last night and saw that they had cheaper Peaveys that did fine.

The Bluetooth feature would have been really nice for us but the Altos I saw with it, sounded like garbage compared to the EVs. Guitar Center didn't have the Behringers to listen to. So it was time to shit or get off the pot.

@totalburnout Your gym making money these days? (I follow it all on fb and it seems to be pretty active).

If so, buy it and depreciate it. :)

Hopefully about $60k for 2015.

I just had my best year ever personally so I was using the gym to help run off some of that income because it flows down to the personal level (S Corp).

Back