Where to find a 2-wire IACV plug?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The throttle body and manifold should be from a manual because its easier than trying to make the Y7 work or auto Y8 parts work.

Well since I got screwed into buy the auto throttle body and intake manifold could I just put those sensors from it onto a manual intake and throttle body.

I think the auto intake has a 3 wire IACV not a 2 wire. I had a few that I bought up a while back.

The auto intake is 3 wire IACV and no you can't use it on a manual Y8. You can however use the 2 wire IACV on the auto manifold if you drill the mounting holes for it on the back of the manifold.

It is if you want everything but the cylinder head and ECU right now. You might be able to get a better deal if you are willing to wait, but with ebay that could take anywhere from a few days to several weeks. It's all in if you want to pay a little more now or pay a little less later.

Well I managed to negotiate it down to 70 dollars. So I think it's pretty decent. And I already got the cylinder head. Supposed to come in tomorrow. So now all I need is an ecu.

Make sure you get an OBD2b ECU to match your engine harness, because an OBD2a one won't work. OBD2b ECUs come out of 99-00 civics so make sure that is what you are purchasing.

So I can't use the throttle body or the intake manifold because they're both from an automatic? Or can I use one or the other? Could I take the sensors off the auto one and put it on a manual one because there's a manual intake manifold for sale on ebay without sensors.

You can use the sensors off the throttle body and you can use the intake manifold if you drill two holes and then tap 2 screw holes on the back.

I heard something about a manual butterfly. Do you know what that is and I head the automatics are better to use now. Is this true?

Back