1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where To Find Cherry Picker?

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by CivOnDubs, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CivOnDubs

CivOnDubs Senior Member

I am doing my swap this saturday, however the ***** who was supposed to lend me the cherry picker is playing games, so I have to rent one.

I was curious what is the best nationally recognized place (pep boys, autozone, rentacenter) that rents out cherry pickers, and who has the best price for the day ? Thanks in advance

2. cbrnascar0329

cbrnascar0329 Banned

try a local rental shop like sunbelt or u-renco or something like that....i'm not sure if autozone rents or just sells cherry pickers....in my area i think they are $75 a day....

3. zueke

zueke Senior Member

You may or may not have it in your area, but a company here in Michigan is Murray's Auto Center. The sign has a huge bearded smiling face on it. In any case, they don't charge to rent for a day or two anything, and I believe they have cherry pickers. (But you do have to put down a deposit)

Try just calling around to local shops, just not ones that are national. Maybe they will loan ya a cherry picker.

Good luck!

4. chevy302dz

chevy302dz Senior Member

If it's $75 dollars a day to rent one, then you are better off just buying one from harbor freight or somewhere like it. They are less $200.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:werd:
    i bought a nice one from auto-zone (even folds up) for about $200
    its actually more stable than a lot of non-folding ones ive used

6. TRuggiero_

TRuggiero_ Senior Member

I've bought and returned from Discount Auto Parts, but I'm cool with all those guys, I think they have a no-return policy. You can usually just be like hey, can we work somethin out like...
    You: Hey, can I buy this cherry picker, give you $10 and return it when your working again?
    Cashier: Sure.

7. hcivic.com

hcivic.com Senior Member

use the rafters and a chain host for 25 bucks it works like a charm. and the rafters are hella strong put a 4*4 across two or three then hoist off there i have done 350-454 small and big blocks so i know that a honda motor dosn't hurt it one bit
    for the 25 why not!

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted