1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to find Right-hand drive conversion for EG

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by htrcivic96sir, Jan 21, 2006.

1. htrcivic96sir

htrcivic96sir Senior Member

Where can I purchase a right hand drive conversion for my EG hatch? Do I have to by a full front clip? or do some euro/japan junkers sell kits now? What ever will work and look factory is cool with me, I m just tired of driving a semi- right hand drive fork lift all day and slapping the turn signal to change gears. [​IMG]

2. cheese9988

cheese9988 Senior Member VIP

Be easier just to buy a car or a front clip like that. Imagine what you are going to have to change, pedals, dash, steering assebly, master cylinder, rewire everything under the dash, power steering if you have it, and whatever else I forgot. Imo, not worth it. But if you do, just buy the clip.

3. htrcivic96sir

htrcivic96sir Senior Member

yeah i see what your saying.....it has an awesome shock value though!!! plus it would be cool to drive.i know passwordjdm sells front clips all day. Ive pulled the dash in my car before and didnt really see it as a hassle but the problem is going to be cutting and welding on the fire wall to accomidate swaping the clutch/brake master cylinders to the other side, not to mention changing the rack out of it.

4. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Unless you have a lot of experience you're just going to completely fuck up your car. If you don't weld the firewall perfectly, its going to warp your chassis. You'd be better off buying a RHD car and importing it to the US.

5. scottp11

scottp11 The Seniorest Member....

El Paso, TX now, originally from Fresno, CA
  6. Jdm55

Jdm55 New Member

yea buy a clip i did it and its worth it bro hey atleast u dont have to rock a i love jdm sticker...lol just make sure its a complete clip tho

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

im guessing that at some point in the past 4 YEARS he either got this figured out and done or lost interest

thank you for the input and all... but please check the dates

8. ilovekandypaint

ilovekandypaint resident paint pro

Damn 4 yrs old :eek:... And I was gonna post too ;)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted