where to get a crank pulley removal tool

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
where the fuck can i get one of those wrench thingies that you use to hold the crank pulley still so you can unscrew the bolt?

i dont know what the hell it's called, and i went to autozone and the fuckwad gave me a pulley-puller thingie, and i told him it was the wrong thing, and he told me i was a moron and that no such tool existed.

where the fuck can i get one?

i've got a 280 ft/lb impact, and it ain't doin shit.

i put a ratchet with a 4ft breaker bar (read: mic stand), and the fuckin' motor wont stop turning over. i jammed a screwdriver in between the cam gears, and i think i stretched out the old-ass JDM timing belt.

any other way to get that fucker off other than shelling out $70 for that fuckin' moroso wrench?

Depending on what car you have the crank shaft pulley may have holes in it. I jammed the tire jack extention to lock the pulley. I managed to break several sockets, extentions and rachets in the process. And got sick the next day..

you can also get access to the flywheel and jam a screwdriver to keep the engine from rotating..

Good Luck

i wouldnt suggest jamming screwdrivers anywhere in a way to keep it from turning over, what i may suggest is do as i did and make your own if you have a welder and some metal it can be done. What i did was take some metal tubing like 3/4 inch id and welded a small peice of the tubing to the top of a long peice of tubing in a t shape. The take a cuople of peices of flat stock and weld them to the short peice on the top and bottom to somewhat create a socket style peice that will go into the hole around the crank pulley nut. this way you can stick a socket and extension through the top peice of tubing to turn the nut and hold the pulley at the same time. hope that helps, its the only other thing i can offer rather than just buying the tool

edit, also u might want to think about changin that timing belt now to

yeah, i planned on changing the timing belt. its the original jdm belt from the 1990 XSi b16.

old as fuck.

crank pulley doesnt have any holes, and the tranny is on...the motor is in my car. ain't getting to the flywheel any time soon.

dammit this sucks.

my buddy had to take his to the shop to get his off.. took like 900ft/lbs. the first time getting them off is a bitch.

i know there is no holes on the crank pulley but if you look at the shape of the pullet around where the nut is it is six sided

get the socket and put in on the bolt, pound on the fuker a couple times (this helps break the seals or whatever may have frozen on it on the bolt thinge. then use the impact wrench and try and get it off, it should come off after a lil while. if all else fails make the impact wrench tighten it first, then reverse it and take it back off. these methods help break the loc tite or whatevers on it.

hope this helps

ok you can use one of two things to hold the pulley! first one is a chain wrench, i dont know if you can get them from the zone anymore, and another thing is a huge oversized pipe wrench! i know it sounds crazy but i found one that works on the smallest pulley and then torque on that bitch with a huge breaker bar!

if you fucks with hondas, get the right tool for the job
it will forever change your life

ok you can use one of two things to hold the pulley! first one is a chain wrench, i dont know if you can get them from the zone anymore, and another thing is a huge oversized pipe wrench! i know it sounds crazy but i found one that works on the smallest pulley and then torque on that bitch with a huge breaker bar!
this is why they call mechanics knuckle busters
sure it might work
or it might slip off and you end up smashing your face with a pipe wrench or into the floor of your garage

safety first, fingers don;t grow back, do it right the first time

I got my pulley tool at NAPA for $40... they have or can get just about any tool you need for a honda.

this thread....

much like the child who will be blowing out candles on this cake

birthday-candles-rect.jpg

and opening up this card

spec7.jpg

is 7 YEARS OLD

funny7.gif

LMFAO............People you see that little date&time stamp up in the corner of the box? I think you should read it b4 you reply to the thread. If the guy hasn't got the tool yet or the pulley off...then happy birthday.

Back