where to get bolts and hardware

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

-94-AccordH22

hey. i was wondering is there any place cheaper than the dealer to find special bolts for h22 i.e. flywheel bolts, pressure plate bolts, starter motor bolts, and so on.

all the junkyards around here told me they just throw them out when they rip parts out.

and i think the dealer wants like 40 bucks for just the flywheel bolts.

thanks

Yeah, thats the best bet, better to buy new dealership bolts that you KNOW will do the job properly.

Expensive, but well worth the money.
Just my two cents.

hondaautomotiveparts.com always has lower prices than the 2 dealers by my house.

acutually i just thought of ARP makes stuff. i checked out there catalog and they do have the bolts i need but for like the 1.8 sohc and dohc only. i dont know if thats just the 05 catalog or there complete inventory.

most of the aftermarket only supports B and the occassional D series. rarely the h series. the only thing i find ARP making is head studs and main bolts.

n e way...i dont have the 06 catalog from ARP yet either...eagle hasnt sent it to us. Ill let you know if its in there when we get it.

i appreciate it. i might just end up gettin it all from majestic although just the flywheel bolts from them are 50 bucks :cry:

h22 and f22 bolts are mostly the same. Rob any accord in the junkyard of the bolts that you need. I just save most of the bolts from all the jobs I've helped my friends with. I have a pile of extras.

What happened to your originals? I know it's easy to fuck up stuck flywheel bolts.

well im doing an h22 a/t/ to m/t swap so i dont know if the bolts are the same. i need 2 starter bolts, bellhouse bolts, pressure plate and so on that the A/T doesnt have. also the tranny i got didnt come with some of the brakets and bolts so i figured ill just gunine buy those parts.

Quoted post[/post]]
well im doing an h22 a/t/ to m/t swap so i dont know if the bolts are the same. i need 2 starter bolts, bellhouse bolts, pressure plate and so on that the A/T doesnt have. also the tranny i got didnt come with some of the brakets and bolts so i figured ill just gunine buy those parts.

Most of the bolts you have will probably work fine, except for your lack of pressure plate bolts. I would buy the pressure plate bolts, and run with it. The flywheel bolts are more than likely the same.

If in doubt, ask the parts counter man for the part number from a manual prelude to a auto.

The bell housing bolts are a little less critical. You will have several bolts in your possession from removing the auto tranny. If you are shy one or two bolts, since the length is different, you could always order them later, or go to a junkyard at that point. It will only take a couple bolts to hold it together. You can bolt up the starter to the tranny before installation to the motor, and know if you need those bolts.

If money is not an issue, buy them all. I'm just trying to save you a few bucks.

i went ahead and bought most of them only 120 bucks for like bolts and brakets to mount the manual stuff.

Back