Where to get lips painted?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djSALIX

I plan on purchasing a front and rear lip for my 97 civic ex (coupe), and was wondering where I should get them painted from and how much I should expect to pay. My car is Cypress Green Pearl (G82P). Thank you.

I wouldn't even think that.. I got my paint plus labor for my body kit for 350.00

It will all depend on what kinda a materail it is? if it's Glass it's going to cost alot because glass sucks and you will most likly have some repairs that need to be done. if it's uerathain (sp) you are going to have to get it baked so all the oils and grease get out of if before it's painted. Just go to your local body shop and bring the part. They wil give you a price.

Sorry I forgot to mention i'm in CT.

I just think $300 for 2 lips + side skirts is crazy. I've heard of people getting full bumper kits painted for that price.

The lips are made of ABS Plastic (as are the side skirts)

Sure Macco will piss their cheap ass paint on it for $300 but it will look like ass and it will chip off within the first year or two. Pay a reputable shop to do it, otherwise you going to have to deal with overspray/shitty color match/chipping and fading

Back