1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

where to get sum addons?

Discussion in 'Body / Exterior / Interior / Cosmetics' started by cxnsi, May 5, 2004.

1. cxnsi

cxnsi Junior Member

you guys know where to get some good addons for 00 accord? my friend wants to soup up his car but i told him not to get carbon fiber cuz it breaks easily. where can he get sum good urethane/polyurethane addons offline in Houston, TX? thanks
    we've tried looking on ebay, but the selection is crap-shits...
    thanks. :spin:

2. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

Wing's West is good, so is Bomex, Veilside, and a few others. Mugen makes good parts too, butr they are essssspppensive. Look for those names online. Google it up.

3. swanny

swanny Senior Member

Maybe try PM'ing Calesta, Hes from Texas and i think hes got a hookup at a shop :shrug:

4. MikeBergy

As for carbon fiber, it is much stronger than urethane and fiberglass, just less elastic. Don't count on it surviving any crash.

5. PHOBIA

PHOBIA Senior Member

i remember in one of my teckademics videos this civic get smashed by a vw trying to get away from a fight and the whole bumper just poped right off"urethane" is like a super heavy duty plastic,its super strong.ive seen it run over before and come out with nothing but scratched paint, good stuff...

6. MikeBergy

Urethane is what I'd pick for body parts also, at least the big parts, and if the car is not a trailer queen, which I am sure it isn't. CF is for strictly big bucks race cars only, or if used on the street, only for the not important pars. CF Bumpers that are going to get bumped into will not take a lot of abuse without some type of elastomer coating, as well as several layers of CF. As for the strength of CF, is has a much higher tensile strength, and that is why you see cars like the enzo ferrari utilizing CF frames, and not urethane ones.

7. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

There's a ton of stuff available for the 6G Accords... just look around. You might try calling Carboy if you want performance goodies, or maybe my buddy Sam at CAC (Competition Audio Concepts) at Bellaire & Fondren if you want accessories.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted