Where To Go Next

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

psi

Alright, I'm new to this message board and I've been doing some research but don't really know where to start. Right now I got a b17a and its almost stock in my GS-R. I've got MSD ignitions mods and MSD blaster coils also. On top of that I got 9mm wires and platium plugs. I also have a exhaust set up and a K&N racing air filter. Now I know some of the keys to a good turbo set up is fuel management, separate oil supply, and proper boost. I'm trying to get $280-300 range out of my motor. I've got $1k saved up so far. I want to max what I can with the least amout of cash. I know my VTEC isn't working right so I know that has to be fixed first before I really do much of anything. Any suggestions on where to really start would be nice. I've been wanting to do stuff and so far I've done external mods such as black altezzas and rims/tires....Now I want to up the motor more...Should I wait and work on suspension and brakes? Or just start straight with the motor...

PSI
92 Teg GS-R
89 Civic DX hatch

sell your tail lights and use that money for a shift knob.... its worth more than those ugly ass tail lights

i agree, get rid of the altezzas, that should free up about 50 hp, and tak about 90% of the queer factor out of ur car. With that said (and i was only giving u a hard time :p ) my friend also has a 92 gsr, and i might be helping him boost it. the b17a is basically a b16a. with your budget i would go ebay shopping. buy a greddy 18g, or t3 60-1, both wont be very cheap but are good turbos for b16's and b17's. but im a firm believer in building your engine before boosting. some will tell u to boost on stock internals as long as u can then replace them wen it blows(bc theres a 99% chance it will.) Heres what my plan would be if i was in ur shoes. #1 take your car to a good honda shop(if u live in omaha, nebraska ((which im sure u dont)) i can giv u some names) get the vtec fixed along with other maintence check ups, #2 use the money u hav saved up and build ur internals, first do sleeves, then low comp(9.3.1) pistons, rods, etc. then keep ur eye on ebay for random parts of ur turbo setup that u will need, turbo, i'cooler, etc. if u need any help email me, vtec056@yahoo.com

For $1000, get the engine fixed, get some 94+ GSR wheels, either the 5 spoke or the twisted 6 or 7 spoke ones, and some good tires. Then start really saving for a turbo setup if that's what you want. Unfortunately, the DA chassis is NOT highly supported by the turbo world. In fact, I think ED Civic's have more of a turbo market than your car.

Back