Where To Start?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dethtrax

ok here the situation ive spent the past couple of hours reseaching and by no means have I finished looking around. but im getting confused from all the lists ive looked at so far. all i want to know is 1) If I swap in a B18C5 what are all the parts required for a fully functional swap. as well as upgrade the hubs to the 5 bolt from the ITR. 2) Or if I go with the B18C1 I would like to know all the parts required for this swap. If you could put it in list form that would be great thanx. any help is greatly appreciated.

L88

dethtrax

what car are you looking to put this into???
that will determine what you need to make it work

ok then
Engine, tranny, ECU, mounts, axles, shiftlinkage
modify your harness... plugs should all be there just lengthen the ones that dont reach

thats it! man from the lists i was lookin at i needed more then that to do it. btw which swap is that for? ITR or GSR, which ever swap it is which axles would i use? by that i mean which honda axles from which car.
and thanx again

L88

dethtrax

if its a DX (non-VTEC) then you will need to add wires for VTEC for either engine
and you will need to add wires for the secondaries for the GSR

you are already OBD-2 so you shouldnt have to replace any of the plugs
just add the wires you need... use the plugs from the harness that comes with the engine

Originally posted by dethtrax@Apr 23 2003, 10:08 PM
thats it! man from the lists i was lookin at i needed more then that to do it.

A lot of list on line include all the parts,that are standard issue on a running motor like,intake/exhaust manifolds,alternator,fuel rail,etc...other sites don't bother to write out all the little parts that are attached.

always seems to be something thats forgotten or dosent work,I'm doing mine soon and have decided to take advice I have heard over and over,have something else to drive for a few weeks and your first purchase should be the helms manuals for both your car and the new engine.

Back