Where to tap vtec head for oil?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Z6T

My freind recently bought a 93 honda civic coupe with a d15 non vtec motor. And it is slow as christmas. I told him I would sell him my d16z6 vtec head along with intake manifold and throttle body and all that. I know how to run the vtec wires and everything, I just need to know where to tap the head for the oil line. I seen a spot right in front of the vtec syleniod on the side of the head. It was plugged with a little fitting. Is that where I can tap it at? Thanks for any help. And how well will the vtec head help out the little ole d15. Will it up the compression any? How much quicker will it be? I am gonna sell him my si tranny when I get it out of my car now, which will help it out alot I know.

-Keylan-

I believe there is a plug on top of the d15 block, once you take the head off you should see it, it is in the middle near the back on top off the block, I don't believe you have to tap, just remove the plug....

someone correct me if I am wrong

Aight thanks man. Anyone else, or any other way? Anyone who has done it? THANKS!

-Keylan-

just take the head off....... remove the oil control jet from the block.....
install a 92-95 civic Si head gasket and just install the head..... all yuo gotta do its basically replace the stock head just like it were the stock one and remove the oil jet. there's a pic around here somewhere.

Aight man, thanks alot. I knew I could count on you. You to sleeper. Thanks guys!

-Keylan-

quick question, when i did mine, i just bought the oil jet for the EX, instead of the CX. it should flow more oil right?

just remove that bitch all together then? i might have to get in there and do it then and buy a new headgasket

Back