where were you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
two years ago today?

I was at work at Ct. Web Design watching CNN with my boss the entire day.

Its hard to believe that it was two years ago today. Time certainly is flying by.

Sad thing is....no-one will never forget that day...prolly for another 50 years or so...

I was on my second day at work...out on the hanger floor when someone yelled aircraft down...we all went into the office and watch as the second one hit...live on TV.....

That day....I was still a new guy to the company...but I still knew how to load a helicopter, and prep it for flight.....We sent all the availible BlackHawk helicopters down there to help lift a few people to safety...but it wasn't fast enough...by the time they got down there...the towers were falling. But we still loaded up medical supplies and all the firemen that were called to CT for the help. Even some of the helicopters we had were for the Peru govn...and we had to tape up all the military insignia and markings so the New Yorkers wouldn't freak out seeing a different military force coming into the city. It was a busy day for me...but a sad day for everyone else....My prayers are still with the victoms.

I was late for work...

10am i was due in... i got there at about 10:10
i walk in, and everyone is just sitting aroudn the bar (i wokred in a restaurant) watching tv....

seconds later- plane 2 hits. i saw it live.

we served like no one that day....

I was sitting in front of my Computer screen at work listening to BBC Radio1 and
then They mention some strange shit is going do, flip on BBC news and damn there's video of plane 1 hitting, and then #2. No one did much work that day, and I got a call from my Cousin who was in route for some Urban Warefair training for the marine reserves and he told me all his plans had changed and he was being re-routed to some base camp he's been on active duty ever since

what a boring day :hide: j/k

I had just gotten to work (I work at 7am MST), and my friend emailed me saying that a plane flew into one of the towers. I was like, oh man, what a dumbass, some Cessna pilot was drunk and fucked up big time. Then she kept emailing me with updates, then the second plane hit. I spent most of the morning at a TV down the hall, watching the towers fall, etc.

I was studying for a test in one of the buildings on the U of MN campus and one of my good friends came over and told me. I didn't really know what to think, but why would someone make up a story like that?
after the test I spent the rest of the day watching tv, I was in total shock when they played the videos of people jumping out of the towers.

this morning on the way to work the morning show that I listen to read a transcript between a MN man and his wife. He had called her several times that morning from aboard the plane that crashed in PA on the ground. Luckily I had just parked my car when they started reading it because I just sat there and stared into space. I still can't believe that happened... today must be incredibly difficult for all of the families
they will be in my prayers and thoughts

i was in my IB Math Studies class in 11th grade. we all went into a different classroom to watch everything that was happening. i didnt know what was going on til like an hour later :ph34r:

i was in between classes in high school when the first plane hit, but i walked into my homeroom and everyone was watching TV. i looked up just as the second one flew into the other tower...we didnt do any school work that day the whole school just sat there and watched CNN.

I was at work, watching it all on the cnn.com website and listening on wtopnews.com. they let us leave work to go home to be with our families. :-(

i was at my apt and i just woke up and decided to watch tv. i started to flip through the channels and noticed that all the channels were showing that a plane hit the WTC. then not minutes later, saw the second plane hit. and what sucked was that the day before i just got off a plane on my way home back from Alabama and had to go back down later that week. need less to say, i didnt fly but took a bus down instead.

**edit** about 2 weeks after what happened on Sept 11, i bought this shirt and am wearing it today.

s3f608612b98d1.jpg

I was home in Oregon on vacation for my 22nd Bday, I went out drinking the night of the 10th and I was mad hungover passed out on the couch in my parents downstair living room. My Father comes running downstairs the morning of the 11th and drags me out of bed "come on come on you got to come upstairs" he screams. I walk upstair, see the TV, and the rest I'm sure you can imagine. It was four hours later that my hungover and now pissed off ass realized that sept 11 was indeed my birthday :(

I was driving down the highway on my way back home from visiting my grandpa. I didnt know anything about it till i got home around 1130 or so, so everything had already happened. I dont listen to the radio, cd's only.

I was in class, when someone told me about it. I also thought that it was some guy in a cessna, until i heard it on the radio. I had many people that i knew that were stuck in the city and had no way to get out. A few friend of mine lost their parents/relatives, and that night when i went to my girls house, i could no longer see the towers, it was a very sad day for me and several others in my neighborhood.

i was in school, english II actually , they turned on the TV, then plane two hit live, I was like, oh shit, that whole day was wierd, it kinda felt eerily silent, like outside and stuff, as if the animals and birds were even quit, kinda freaky...

at work listening to it happen on my walkman
went into the front office and watched it on TV for a while
went back to work

i picked up a friend from school and he told me a plane flew into the WTC, i didn't believe him cuz he always says shit that isn't believeable..

went into class and watched tv for an hour.

I was in between classes and in Physics, the teacher didnt want us to watch it at first saying we need to learn so we can be great people. Then he realized what was really happened and we watched tv in every class.

My mom woke me up and was like a plane hit the two towers, then 2nd plane hit the two towers when I got to class. It was my frosh year, and like 2nd week in school and everyone was crying, I was like, uhh, what do we do? All we did that day in school was watch the news, and for the rest of the week.

I was at work in BFE Oklahoma, and nobody had a TV to see anything in that humongous plant. We listened to it on the radio all day, and tried to get info on the web... all the sites were overloaded with traffic except the BBC. We pretty much listened to the radio all day, then went back to work after lunch, since there wasn't much that we could do.

just walked into the workroom cafeteria and all the supervisors and planners were there watching it on t.v. All of a sudden we saw the second plane hit the second building live on t.v. We all were so shocked that we fully didnt comprehend what was happenening till about a minute after the second plane hit.

fucked up shit....

Back