Where were you?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

someone woke me up as screaming 'turn on the TV!!!' i turned it on, and it was just before the second plane hit...

i had to go to my class that day, and we just talked about it... as i drove there, i thought... about... life, how those people must feel... and i just couldn't think the rest of the day... i still think about it, and it's just horrible what happens in the world... and reminds me how i need treat people as i'd want to be treated.

I was in my highschool business class. we had tvs so we saw it go down. my mother cam running in the classroom (she worked on the 2nd floor), on the verge of tears telling me that she thinks my cousin and her husband are okay. then all i thought was my cousins husband who works on the top floor of one of the buildings. nothing but worry and emotions went thru me.... my cousin and her husband got out. he was in one of the surrounding buildings, and my cousin was in the first one. my other cousins husbands (top floor guy), doesnt go in untill 12 o clock, so he was okay. i just couldnt imagine what those people were going thru, running out of the buildings, being in shock.. :(

my deepest sympaties to all the families that lost someone that day, and to the people that experienced it.

Doing a workout at my parents house when I still lived there and just turned on the radio after plane #1 hit, then turned on the tv and saw when the second hit.

I was sitting in my 4th hour spanish 2 class back in hs, when my teacher walked in and said that the WTC had been hit and was burning, and there were other planes still in the air.

Kinda weird how you remember exactly what you were doing that day. Sad thing is, I didn't even that yesterday was 9/11 :(

I was hangin out in 2nd hour biology..... and started to leave to go to the bathroom and walked like 3 classes down and noticed everyone had their TVs on... I walked back to class and turned our on.... as soon as I did that I got yelled at... 10 min later while I was being yelled at the second plane hit... no one said anything the rest of the day....

I was in bed sleeping and was awaken by a phone call from my mom telling me a plane had somehow crashed into the WTC. I turned on the television and just as I turned it to NBC I witnessed a 2nd plane hitting the 2nd tower live (not a replay, it was the precise second the plane struck the tower) and I was left in shock at what was going on. I sat in bed for the next 3 hours not moving an inch as I listened to more and more reports of planes crashing into fields and one into the Pentagon and that there may be planes headed for Los Angeles. During those 3 hours I also witnessed the WTC towers collapse, one at 9:59 AM and the other at 10:29 AM. It is truely one of the saddest days in American History and will forever be remembered.

Nothing I was feeling could ever come close to what the people who were actually there felt.

I was in typical washington dc 395 traffic (road that runs right past the pentegon) I listen to DC101 in the morning (elliot in the morning) it's like a howard stern but with out all the sexual comments. So it was a real shocker when they started talking about it. kinda in a deep haze while im inching forward then in horror i watched the third plane glid about 40 feet over the road aprox 400-600 yards ahead of me and smack into the pentegon. Then two fighter jets wizzed by. i think i did about a buck 20 all the way home when i finally weezeled my way out of traffic.. cops everywhere .. didn't stop anyone.. the level of fear that was in DC and NY can in no way be described to anyone that wasn't in the area.. you could have cut it with a knife

I was at work (7am here, 9am EST) when a friend called and told me a plane had flown into the WTC. I thought she meant that a Cessna or something like that had hit one of the towers. Then we started hearing things on the radio, checked the internet, etc. By the time we got a TV set up, the second plane had already hit. We got to watch both towers fall down. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Went home later to watch the rest of the coverage on TV.

Thanks to all of the servicemen (military, police, FD) who helped out during those times, and applause to Bush, Guiliani and the rest of the administration who performed brilliantly during those weeks and months afterward.

I was at Canton Intermediate School working for my dad, i had to radio on and i heard that a plane struck the tower and they had no idea what was going on....Everyone was freaking out......Schol was let out so i went home and bye the time i got home, another plane hit the 2nd tower..and by then we knew we were under attack.....I coulnd't believe what was happening.........Gives me anger chills just thinking about it

i was eating breakfast at home bafore school when the first plane hit. then, in my first hour trig class, we witnessed the second plane hit. for the rest of the day, i had a sick feeling in my stomach, and went through the rest of my classes like a zombie sophomore in high school.

*moment of silence*

I was sleeping. My dad came into my room saying 'Wake up! A plane just hit the world trade center!', and ran backl downstairs. I went back to sleep right away, thinking it was a small plane, a drunk pilot and a single prop or something. Then my dad came back and yelled 'another one just hit the second building! We're under attack!' Now I was curious (but still not panicked) so I headed downstairs. My parents had to go to work before any of the buildings fell so I got to watch them fall all by myself.
I knew the first one had fallen before Dan Rather did. Everyone at the time was saying they didn't think the buildings were in any serious structural danger. He got all curious at the plume of smoke... 'Now what's this here, a second explosion?' The reporter he was on the phone with was screaming at him, telling him the building had collapsed... It took Dan like 20 seconds to realize that it had actually collapsed, and he was speechless for a good minute.

Back