Where's that DARN chime coming from?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

78civic

Where the heck is the alarm/chime for the seatbelt?
I've installed teg front seats in my 90 4dr civ (well, right now its' just the drivers seat..) hooked up the little plug under the seat and it just chimes away driving me nuts.

I unbolted the fuse pannel and it looks to be integrated into the back. BUT, this is a new sound/tone that doesn't stop and chimes about the same frequency as the seatbelt blinking light.

SO, can this be bypassed or omitted? I already took out the door alarm at the striker, but i'd still like to have a domw light.

Any help out there??
E

You might have to jump the two wires together after unplugging it, depending on how its set up. If you unplug it and it still dings, jump it.

OK, I put the two teg front seats in and hooked up the 4-wire plugs under the seats.. DING DING DING.. Unplugged, DING DING.. Hooked back up and ALL seatbelts, DING DING..

Which of the '4' wires does one 'jump'?
Then there is the seat belt warning light in the dash. Now this is NOT the normal 'dinging', it's faster and doesn't stop.

Can it be disabled at the fuse block? I did the 'SI' cluster swap earlier. Would that make any difference in applications?

E

HELLOW?? Where is this chime/alarm? If I take it out, will it disable something else that's detrimental?

E

Back