1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the Air Intake Sensor on 2nd Gen B16A

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by tdaddylove, Mar 15, 2004.

1. tdaddylove

tdaddylove Junior Member

Okay everything is almost done. I figured out where the Water Temp sensor was. The car runs a lot better now and i only have one code throwing besides the vtec ones(i didnt' up vtec yet) and thats the IAT (intake air temp) code. I looked at a 1st gen b16a manual and it shows the sensor on the intake manifold near the injectors but its different on my motor. Anyone one know where this sensor is hiding?

I also have a problem with the vtec knock sensor. The motor had the sensor capped off for some reason, and i dont' know which pin is supposed to run to the computer and which one is supposed to go to ground. I tried to get a reading with a Volt meter but i had no luck. Now that i think about it, its probably all current coming out of the knock sensor.

I also had to used the map sensor on the throttle body and not the one on the firewall for some reason. I really should do a write up on this swap. ;)

Thanks for all the help,

Tim

2. Slo86GT

Slo86GT Super Moderator

I swapped to the ITR intake manifold and mine is on runner #1, just under the FPR.

I want to say that the one on the B16a motor is there, or just underneath that area on the intake manifold.

3. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

on 99-00 civic si's b16a2 it is in the intake piping.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted