Wheres the best place to have ECU chipped?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BlackFrog

Neighborhood Lush
VIP
So my plan is to swap in a GSR this spring. I know im gonna be too lazy to add the knock sensor wire, so im planning to run the stock P28 in my car, rather than the P72. Where is the best place to ship out my ECU to reprogram it for the GSR and higher redline?

From what i know there are places you mail your ECU to, they reprogram it, and ship it back in a day or two. Is this still how things are done? thanks guys.

-Chris

if you're in dallas, tx do NOT take it to Outlaw. they suck balls.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 28 2003, 10:29 PM
PM allmotormonster

:werd: I was really p72, you will need to have a different intake mainifold or an rpm activated switchappy with the chip that he made for me. If you do decide to go with the p28 over the p72, you will need a different intake manifold or an rpm activated switch for the IAB's.

is it possible/easy to run a P28 with the added bit for the secondary runner? Or would it be easier to run a P72, but with it reprogrammed to not look for the knock sensor?

I always used Locashracing.com, great service and the ecu was packaged great, and the price was very reasonable.

heh I guarantee you myself, AllMotorMonster or any number of other ppl that lurk here would do a better job for less money than Lowclass. He ripped my friend Nick off on a hondata stage 4 - charged him the money for it, but hondata has no record of the sale so he got fucked when it didn't work right.

As for the P28 vs P72 for secondaries, its just a transistor and some jumper wires. If the person chipping your ECU knows how to do it and knows where to get the transistors, its easy.

i haven't heard that name in years.... i didn't thinkt hey were still around.

maybe they are chillen with Alien out on some island somewhere? :D

Nope... Still alive and kickin right here in Arizona... Unfortunately... But he's earned himself a pretty bad rep...

www.EGTUNING.com
don't know the guy personally but he comes HIGHLY recommended by the AltHonda.com users. Nothing but good things is what i've heard and he's got really cheap prices. Planning on getting mine chipped from him. Check it out. :D

Back