1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where's the coolant bleeder screw on a 95 Civic EX?

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by bcman, Mar 20, 2006.

1. bcman

bcman Senior Member

I've checked the thermostat, upper & lower radiator hoses, and all over the radiator. Can anyone with a 95 Civic EX tell me where their bleeder screw is? Furthermore, is there a drain plug on the block for the coolant?

I've got a great idea for a repair manual: list the steps for routine maintenance procedures, but don't tell people where important parts are located on their cars. Oh wait, Chilton beat me to it.

2. 92CHB

92CHB Senior Member

Bleeder screw is on the aluminum coolant cap on the front of the head where the top rad hose connects to the head. Yes there is a block drain plug located behind the exhaust manifold and i believe it's a 19mm nut

Look underneath the red square labled 2 in this pic http://www.csee.umbc.edu/~evans/1.6L%20SOH...da%20engine.gif

3. vanillakilla

vanillakilla Senior Member

yeah chiltons suck balls go here and get a helms manual well worth the money helminc.com

4. bcman

bcman Senior Member

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Turns out there's no bleeder screw on my car. I guess certain models, either EX's or 93-95's don't have/need them. You just run the car with the heater on and the radiator cap open, and keep filling the reservoir until the level stabilizes. I just did this and immediately drove the car around the desert for a week with no troubles.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted