Where's the power

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Silver_Surfer

So we got the car back monday. 95 EX with the SiR II swap.

We decided to do a little comparing. My buddy has the SiR I have a stock 02 Ex with intake.

Before the swap it was a pretty even race.

Today.. I pulled on him

:wtf:

Currently he has the stock Ex exhaust and i'm sure that is power robbing, but it cant be that much. He ordered a skunk2 exhaust and it comes in next week. We don't plan to make any rash decisions before that is installed. We also plan to install a new fuel filter. I hear that seems to be a common problem after a swap.

I am just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the problem may be.

It SEEMS to run great. I do know with the stock tach it only revs to 7.5

I don't know if that is normal or not. Just an observation really

Thanks for any help

Quoted post[/post]]
So we got the car back monday. 95 EX with the SiR II swap.

We decided to do a little comparing. My buddy has the SiR I have a stock 02 Ex with intake.

Before the swap it was a pretty even race.

Today.. I pulled on him

:wtf:

Currently he has the stock Ex exhaust and i'm sure that is power robbing, but it cant be that much. He ordered a skunk2 exhaust and it comes in next week. We don't plan to make any rash decisions before that is installed. We also plan to install a new fuel filter. I hear that seems to be a common problem after a swap.

I am just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on what the problem may be.

It SEEMS to run great. I do know with the stock tach it only revs to 7.5

I don't know if that is normal or not. Just an observation really

Thanks for any help

Has a compression test been dont on the engine?
Is he hitting on all cylinders?
He should be a mid 15second car.

i don't think a compression test has been done. Can any autoparts store do that?

and i want to say he is hitting on all cylinders, just because i figure it would be obvious if he wasn't. We replaced all the spark plugs and wires the other day as well

A B16A 5th gen, even a sedan, should still be pulling on a 02 EX. Maybe he isn't a good driver, or the motor is losing power from the ages. The power difference isn't like he is going to blow you off the road, but it will definitely beat it.

In some aspects, but the lower torque really does effect the overall pulling away power. Mid stream and high reving is where the B16A shines, once you get going.

Quoted post[/post]]
In some aspects, but the lower torque really does effect the overall pulling away power. Mid stream and high reving is where the B16A shines, once you get going.

Is VTEC working?? Could be your problem right there.

Also, I assume there are no CELs.. Do a compression test, and check the timing. Its amazing what a few degrees of timing can do to a motor.

right. I expect the GSR to beat the SiR.. but only barely.

we will be calling around monday to find a place that can test the compression and/or timing. Im still not going to be worried much until the exhaust is insatlled. We are in the process of a fuel filter replacement. The damn "banjo" nut is stuck. that's no big deal though

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Is VTEC working?? Could be your problem right there.

Also, I assume there are no CELs.. Do a compression test, and check the timing. Its amazing what a few degrees of timing can do to a motor.

it "sounds" like vtec is kicking in. We are using the same CPU that came with the Engine. There shouldn't have been any extra wiring for that should there?

Back