Which a/c compressor/bracket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cws13

So, I ended up with a b18c1 swap in exchange for doing a type-r swap (blown and shot trans, no I'm not a bastard :p ) So at any rate, I'm going to turn it into a type-r and drop it into my 98 EX. What a/c bracket do I need and can I use my compressor from the civic? As an aside, anyway out of that speed limiter in the p73 ECU? I get alot of things from Hmotors and they have the aluminum a/c bracket for the Type-r in stock. I'd like to use this if I can. Thanks in advance.

yeah hasport has a bracket for a b series engine with d series a/c i think it is 175 it comes with a hole on it for the lower mount or you can make one like i did with the b series bracket i made a way to bolt it on with three bolt but it is in there good!

I used the wrong bracket and two bolts, the thing fell off, and my hose burn through on the exhaust manifold spaying refrigerant everywhere....use the right one.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 7 2005, 09:01 AM
I used the wrong bracket and two bolts, the thing fell off, and my hose burn through on the exhaust manifold spaying refrigerant everywhere....use the right one.
[post=457379]Quoted post[/post]​

I think the del sol ac bracket works.you can double check that .

Can you use the gsr ac comp? Which mount would you need, I am confused. I am doing the same thing in my 99ex.

Sorry to steal the post. I was told to keep my stock a/c comp like you did, but I heard you can use the delsol or the crv mount. Does anybody know the difference other than about 50 bucks?

the mount is not the problem it is the bracket that is the problem. you can get the bracket like i said before from hasport but it cost 175 bucks

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Mar 16 2005, 09:20 AM
or you can use the grs a/c.
[post=474194]Quoted post[/post]​

I heard there was issues with this an that it wouldn't fit. I was going to buy a gsr compressor, but the guy selling it said that the bracket was attached to the mount and he didn't have that, so I was just going to use my stock D a/c compressor since I already have everything. So just you said all I need is a delsol bracket for my stock comp and mount and the tensionor off a gsr, or can I use mine?

Use a P7J bracket from a 97 CRV. Its the EXACT same as the p54 but half the cost. I just used it on my b16 swap into my 98 HX.

Yes the CRV and the P54 are both good. The problem isn't fitting them to the motor, it's getting one that accepts the Civic AC compressor.

I am in the process of a swap right now and the crv bracket worked for me. my d series ac compressor bolted right up.

Or this one...

gallery_630_77_100798.jpg

Back