which ac bracket for ek?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96ekhb

im swaping a b18b in 96 civik hatch. to keep my ac i need a different ac bracket. I thought the del sol was the only one i could use. but someone told me if i wasnt going to have powersteering i could use a crv ac bracket which is about half the price of the del sol. but this was the first time id heard anything about this? will both of these hold my d series compressor? anyone else used either of these in a similar swap? thanks for the help.

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 11 2005, 12:52 PM
http://hasport.com/catalog/product_info.ph...&products_id=59
that is the only place i know where you can use a d series ac on a b series motor
hope that helps you out
[post=485608]Quoted post[/post]​

Not it isn't.

You can retain the D series compressor with either the CRV bracket, or the P54 Delsol bracket. That is for an EG, the EK has a different part number for the compressor, but I don't know if it bolts up the same.

the two brackets are pretty much just alike? so i should get the crv one? does anyone know if an ek compressor is the same as an eg? thanks

The CRV one and the P54 are the same, apparently the CRV one cost less from Honda. I do not know if the compressors are the same.

Back