Which are the best pistons for ITR ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lunaka

Hi,
I have an ITR dc2, european model engine B18C6 with stock compression ratio 11,1:1. I have the elaborate engine with the buddy club spec. 4 cams.
Now I must change the pistons and I do not know what will work better between the ITR P73 pistons, the JDM CTR PCT pistons or the civic b16a2 PR3 pistons ?
Please tell me the differences?
Thaks, Luigi

I have also 2 head one stock and one elaborate with compression ratio 12,3:1 that I used with the ITR P73 pistons. Please tell me also if is better have a high compression ratio with elaborate head and the ITR P73 pistons or with stock head and the JDM CTR PCT pistons ?
Thaks, Luigi

Last edited:
Well the more agressive cams with definetly benefit from higher compression. But when running that agressive of a cam with really high compression you need to be concerned about piston to valve clearance, or you might end up with a bent valve. Also keep in mind that pump gas does have its limitations on how much compression is safe. You didnt specify what octane or if you are using race gas. With race gas detonation will not be a concern. My suggestion is to measure your piston to valve clearance after you have chosen what piston you want to run. If you do not know how have someone who knows what they are doing check it for you. Sometimes you have to have the valve pockets knotched out for a little more clearance if necessary. Hope this helps.;)

Thanks boostin4fun,
I have also another stock head that I can work. But I want to know which is of the 3, the better piston that work better in engine with high hp. and that work better in the engine B18C6.

Last edited:
Well if you are looking for the highest compression you can get. I believe the ctr pistons would be the way to go. The higher the compression the more horsepower you can make. Get your self some 93 octane or better and tune it with something good like a chipped p28 using hondata or crome.

Back