1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which audio wires connect to what and where

Discussion in 'Car Audio / Security / Electronic Accessories' started by jtornado, Dec 27, 2006.

1. jtornado

jtornado New Member

I have a 92 Civic Si and my main audio connector has been cut. I want to know which wires are suppose to be connected. I realized this problem when I bought an adapter and I got the adapter and the cd player wires connected the way it should be but I still dont get any power. Anyone know what I mean? I could use the help????

2. 91HondaCivicLx

91HondaCivicLx Selling His 91 5sp Civic

I think you should try the Color to Color. If your Cars orig wire harness was cut out then thats your best bet. But i am new to hondas, so live and let learn.

3. jtornado

jtornado New Member

I found out my problem and on my wire harness, Pin J is my +12 Volt Battery Wire and I found out that Pin J wasn't connected to anything. Well there is one more problem I cant find the other wire to connect Pin J back up. This is the website that I found out what wire is what and where it should be connected to. http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/HA-Wiring.pdf
    I have a 92 so it would be the top diagram. Okay now on my main harness Pin C and Pin J are NOT CONNECTED. I dont have power antenna so I dont need to connect Pin C to anything correct????? What im trying to figure out is where does the +12 Volt Battery Wire lead to so I can connect it to Pin J. Does anyone know???????

4. 91HondaCivicLx

I did work for a Audio Installer for awhile, but we never did any kind of honda.. Thats a .pdf file which i can't open cause i don't have anything that will open it, i will go get one and take a look...

5. 91HondaCivicLx

okay looking at it now, give me a few to see whats up.

6. 91HondaCivicLx

okay, if you installing a aftermarket cd player, look for the old whitew/yellow or Blue stripe, thats you orig 12+ volt battery wire on your honda

Now on the cd player look for the Yellow wire, thats your 12+ Volt Battery Wire for the cd player.
    Photo Included!
    Yellow wire is in red with arrow pointing.

Attached Files:

7. jtornado

jtornado New Member

Thats the only problem I cant find the white w/yellow or blue strip. What I did for now is just have a wire directly from the battery to the wire and it work but I cant find a way to feed the wire through the firewall or through the door cause I want it hidden.

8. jtornado

jtornado New Member

Nevermind and Sorry Everyone........I found a white w/blue strip wire and it was taped up so I could see it but I found it now and everything works.......Thanks for all the help anyway.......Take Care Everyone

9. 91HondaCivicLx

Your Welcome... Glad you found the wire.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted