Which Axle for B16A sir2?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ericL

I just noticed some nice tan grease splashed all over the right under side (from facing the front of the car) It's from a torn boot on the axle (outboard boot i think). How much longer can I drive this before it's fixed b/c i'm about 3 hours from home...Also how much would it cost to have it replaced?

What axle should i ask autozone for...93-97 del sol vtec, or 99-00 civic si? I'm guessing the sol b/c no abs but just want to check

im driving on both of mine broke right now...not a big deal you just get a click when you turn and I guess they could fall out maybe lol....just get them rebooted and your set

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Aug 13 2005, 12:40 PM
im driving on both of mine broke right now...not a big deal you just get a click when you turn and I guess they could fall out maybe lol....just get them rebooted and your set
[post=539626]Quoted post[/post]​

um... no... once the boot tears the CV joints start to get dirt and crap in them. They'll eventually fail, meaning you won't be able to drive your car.

Don't just get them "rebooted". Get the entire CV joints replaced, soon.

3 hours won't kill anything, just stay away from sand, mud, and water.

Replace that boot as soon as possible. Its only like $10.00 and takes about an hour.

***EDIT***

DO NOT get one of those "quick boots" that you screw together. They are garbage.

or go get the entire replacement axle from autozone, Get the warranty then if it fails again just get it replaced for free, its easier to change the whole axle than just doing that stupid boot thing, those suck.

werd i just did this for my sisters 93 teg today her passenger side cv boot was torn and i just replaced the whole thing

bout 15 min or less to get out then to the store so i dont have to pay a core then about the same to get everything bolted back up...

Any 94+ Integra, 99-00 Si, or the any DelSol vtec B series axles will work. The ABS is not relevent.

Back