1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Axle

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by GSRCRXsi, Jan 31, 2003.

1. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

ok guys, i have a torn CV boot on my crx, so i have to replace the axle. now heres my dilemma....i need the drivers side axle replaced, but i dont know what part to get. i have a 94 B18C1 engine in my 91 CRX Si. and i dont know what axle to get. im pretty sure that the axle from the GSR wont work. and i dont know if the existing axle is custom or what. does anyone know if there is a part that will definitely fit. also i heard that it depends on the intermediate axle that was used, again i have no idea, is there anyway i can figure out which intemediate axle i have, and which axle i should use with which one. now would it be better to just not replace the axle and just the cv boot?, but i also heard that when the cv boot goes the axle isnt far behind, so i dunno. please any help would be appreciated.

2. Hexen

Hexen Senior Member

I've torn the drivers side boot twice in my Civic, I just had it replaced and it works fine.

3. GSRCRXsi

GSRCRXsi Super Moderator Moderator VIP

so which boot do you think i should get? anyone else think i should do jus the boot and save the trouble of trying to find the right axle? what boot for what car should i get?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted