which b16 head do I have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

majormaster01

I just recently purchased a vtec head off Ebay. I was told the head was from a JdM SIR2 Civic. I just need to make sure thats what was sent to me. I know there are differences with the b16 heads such as pr3-1,pr3-2,and pr3-3. which is for what originall application??? anybody know????? :worthy:

the best thing you can do is post a picture for us.

Also look for any markings on teh head. See what markings are on the cams as well.

the only markings are the pr3-1 and in the circles on the front left hand side the first circle has "91" in it,does this mean it is a 1991?????

ebay+head+good deal= screwed more than likely, sounds like you got a first gen head brother, dime a dozen.

Milan

Originally posted by 7thgen01@Aug 19 2003, 01:08 AM
if it is a 1991 than you got screwed..OBD0 my friend

No, not nescessarily, in Japan and Europe, ok the whole world, motors need to be made before thay can be put in a car right? For example my motor from a 93 civic VTi...

s3ecfcce4dbbaf.jpg

s3f41cb47bbfe2.jpg

Since the EG came out technically in 91 as OBD I, it makes sense that the motor was made before it was put in the car. But it could be one of the very last OBD 0 ones made, so who knows. Anyway the head isn't OBD 0 or I it is the sensors on it, so a bare head is a bare head.

Back