Which base map for b20/vtec in civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

khai_tuan_nguyen

What is a base map first and what ecu could i use for a b20b block with b16 head in a 97 civic. I am using the p72 gsr ecu and i people are saying that it is looking for secondary butterflies and i am going to have all sorts of problems. What problems will i have and are there any inexpensive ways around them?

in other words from my previous response, your running the wrong ECU, get a b16 base map "in other words the ecu program"

honestly, I would just get a obd2-->1 conversion harness, P28 with a ITR map on it.

Milan

oh i think i get it. So get a ecu that is made for the head. Since i am running a b16 (not sure what year) then i should get a ecu for that head, will any obd2 ecu from a b16 work? I can't run obd1, because of emissions. I can get a type r ecu for $300. Or does anyone want to trade a gsr for something compatible for my setup. Oh wait if have an si ecu, but i would have to repin all the pins, i don't think i can do that? Anyone if the portland, oregon area that would want to do it for some cash?

Is your head OBD2? I assume that it is... then yes, the best ECU for you would be from a 99-00 Si. Add a V-AFC II on top to tune, and you should be able to get your fuel trimmed in pretty well.

Thanks calesta. I have a 99-00 civic si ecu, but do not know anything about wiring. Anyone in the oregon area who wants to do some work for a little bit of cash?

KHai

Isn't loco in oregon?? give him a try

I think you should go with a ITR map, not sure but it might be the same map as for the Si...

Loco Honkey is his username on the board. There might be an underscore in there somewhere, but you should be able to find him by searching "Loco" in the member database.

thanks Calesta. Do you guys think he will do it? I am willing to pay up to $500 for various fixes, idle, vtec wiring, ecu wiring etc.

Back