which cable????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
alright.. i'm wondering what cable i'd need to run my computer through my TV.. i have a few movies i'd like to watch, but dont have a DVD burner.. on the back of my TV there are AV jacks that say monitor, i'm assuming they are for the computer.. what would i need?? and will this work?

i have no idea.. how would i check that?? i know how to do use a computer and do semi-advanced stuff, but when it comes to what inside it.. i'm clueless

my 6Kth post.. woot!

um, look at the back of the computer. lol

agpcard.jpg

if you have the s-video out, its the easiest as most tv's have this input. Quality is also rather lack-luster.

but, then you also need to consider sound..... that is video only

dont have an s-video not real sure what plug to look for..

here is a pic of the back of my PC

Attachments

• DSC01598.JPG
    DSC01598.JPG
    764 KB · Views: 174
time to get a tuner card, or a video card with outputs, or some sort of d-sub to svideo/ryw converter.

do they make an adapter so it plug into the av jacks? buying another TV is not an option, i could just buy a dvd burner and not worry about it

do they make an adapter so it plug into the av jacks? buying another TV is not an option, i could just buy a dvd burner and not worry about it

At this point you're going to need a new video card. Your built in card doesn't have the outputs required to display on your TV. A new card isn't expensive and it has the ports you're going to need.

Nah.. THats why too expensive. I see it at Fry's free after rebate from time to time.

AnandTech - ººººº--§§§§§§§--The Freebies thread--§§§§§§§--ººººº Part Cinq.

go there and see if anyone is giving older video cards with tv out. its free plus the cost of shipping and i see a few pop up pretty often.

i just cant justify seeing u spend more than $15 on an old video card just to watch movies.

You need this.

yea, i know.. its a dusty mofo.. hahah

i'll check out that freebies site

its not only to just watch movies.. i'll probably use it for my monitor too.. 27in flat screen > 15in flat panel

Last edited:
yea, i know.. its a dusty mofo.. hahah

i'll check out that freebies site

its not only to just watch movies.. i'll probably use it for my monitor too.. 27in flat screen > 15in flat panel

Flatscreen? You sure you don't have a VGA port on that thing? That'd solve all.

Back