which cable????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea.. its a flat screen Phillips.. its not one of the thin ones, its the big motherfucker.. hahaha

you never answered my question.. whats a pci-e?

It's a type of card slot used inside your computer. It's the newer slot type.

PCI < AGP < PCI E

If your mobo is really old and only supports PCI then you would need to buy a PCI card, if it supports AGP then you could use PCI or AGP, if it supports PCIE....

Pop open the case and look at what brand the motorboard is (should say it right on it) as with the model #. Google it and it will tell you what it supports.

what the hell is pci-e?

Peripheral Component Interface - Express.

It's basically how all your components (ram, video, audio, etc) cards are connected to your motherboard. They're different connections than normal PCI slots.

PCIe came out in 04 and is expected to out-pace normal PCI slots.

well, i got this computer from DELL in '04.. .

hahah.. how so?? yea i know DELLs are pieces of shit, but this one hasnt given me any problems yet

It should have an AGP slot on there. Stuff a fat card in there and it'll use that instead of the onboard. Problem solved.

If you give me the model, I can find out what type of motherboard and other specs about your computer so we can start pointing you in the right direction.

Just about any video card you decide to pick up, should support your monitor resolution. It shouldnt be of any concern until you start using large monitors like 22" or up or higher resolutions than 1280x1204, which your 15" shouldnt be able to do.

The only real thing is, are you going to game? Of course your processor, RAM and hard drive will be limiting factors, the video card is probably the most crucial.

Anyway, if you just want to the video card for watching tv and connecting to a monitor, find the cheapest video card with at least 32MB RAM should be more than enough.

Note: ATI cards usually deliver a lot better TV images than nVidia based cards. However, many hate ATI drivers (Catalyst).

Documentation

according to that, you have only pci slots, which means, youre very very limited to what kind of graphics card you got. so find the cheapest one you can find with tv out.

decent.. i think i'm going over there today.. i checked online and it appears they have them in stock

WOW its your lucky day!

Circuit city has the eVGA Fx5200 PCI with tv out put for 49.99 with 50.00 rebate, so basically its free.

Availability for eVGA GeForceâ„¢ FX 5200 Video Card (128P1N309DX) at circuitcity.com

check to see if any local Circuit cities have it around your area.

its prefer for your needs and it even supports Vista, if u care.

thanks for the heads up .. rep for you.. just got back from Circuit City.. its was hidden in the back on the top shelf.. 1 left.. thanks mang!!

Back