which cam gear?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

I need some advice from you guys. I am putting a skunk2 camshaft into my Integra GSR. My question is, Is it better to put in a skunk2 cam gear or a AEM cam gear? Do your have any other combination for cams that will give better power? Thanks

Skunk 2. I had a friend with an aem one that slipped due to its 3 bolt design.

i use fidanza cam gears in my GSR they will all be able to tune for about the same power just the skunk 2 have more screws that will hold them in place aem arent that great since they only use 3 screws to hold them in place

AEM's blow. The bolts that they use are like sub grade 1. My freind had a set, every bolt stripped, so he used an easy out to try and get them out. The POS bolts were so soft that the easy out just tore them apart instead of gripping them.

The skunk2's are alright, just use locktite, check the bolts after you drive on them for a bit (pills_PMD had his sliped because they loosened up) Also, like alot of camgears, the degreeing is a tad off. Where the font may say that it is at -1 degree, it could be at 0 or +1 degree. Bring them to a good shop and have them degreed.

get any cam gear that can't be adjusted for more than +/- 5 degrees so if they do slip they wont' make contact wthi your pistons

Back