which cat-back exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Qwikcivic

Looking to buy a cat-back exhaust for a 88 civicDX hatch. Want something with a nice sound not ricey. Any suggestions and prices. Another question I had was that I noticed the mufflers on 88-91 civic hatchback are sideways from factory is there an aftermarket exhaust that have the muffler straight or is that only on custom exhausts? Thanks

what you got under the hood? b16? b18? if not just go find an empty apple juice can and poke holes on each end and then soilder it on the pipe...

i dont know if this fits but the apex'i ws is a nice sounding exaust. why dont u get custom pipeing and just buy a muffler you like? that would be cheaper and you can do your straight design like you want.

when I had my D15 I had a Thermal R&D stealth and it sounded very nice but was a little too loud in my opinion (had to talk over it when on the freeway)

I now have a B16 and will be installing a Bosal Brospeed this week, it is supposed to be about 10 db quieter than the Stealth and still have a nice deep sound
I have heard this exhaust on a V6 Mazda6 and it sounded very nice and wasn't to much louder than stock

I'll post about the exhaust once I get it put on and hear how it sounds

i just picked up a apexi world sport cat back system and i love it, quiet, not too ricey and not too expensive.

ive heard the bosal on a crx....didnt sound right, sounded weird....not deep-not high-not loud-not stock quiet..just off imo. thermals are fucking loud, my stealth screams. id go custom piping, maybe find just a ws muffler, or rs*r

Back