which computer should i use???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

silver98camss

First off, I'm not a honda guy so if my questions are stupid i apologize in advance.

My mother-in-laws Prelude (1998 - h22a4 - base - auto) Over heated and probably warped the head and block (at least the head) and has been sitting for over a year. My sister-in-law has a prefectly good running 96 accord (cd7 - f22 - manual) that was in an accident, I know the engines are virtually the same size, same mounting locations and the transmission from the prelude will mount up to the f22 engine no problem.

My only 2 concerns are which computer do i use? The preludes computer is for a dohc auto and the accords is for a sohc manual....I am pretty sure they are both obd2. and will the accessories from the prelude mount up to the f22?

Help?

I have looked on lots of forums and this forum seems to have the best information

I'm trying to do this cheap and easy since it's not my car, but my mother-in-law loves the prelude...

Thank you for any help in advance....
- Rich

my $.02, part out the crashed one and just get a new H22 long block. it will run just like factory and be less work than playing musical engines. plus you will probably come out ahead $500 cash in the end.

not too many people looking for a f22, plus all the accessories were parted already, just the engine & trans left.. everyone wants a h22 or h23...
I tried selling the prelude but not worth it to too many people as it is. at least not for as much as we needed to get for it...

well, it's your call. i'm surprised you can sell the f swap that easily. have you tried craigslist? a long block shouldn't cost too much. maybe $500.

Back