Which CRX submodel is the best candidate 4 a swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DX wiring is pretty easy, just did it on mine, wire harnesses are easy to find. If you have any electrical know-how you should be able to perform this swap. Just remember to solder and shrink tube connections so that a couple years from now the wire doesn't come apart from corrosion and vibration. Other than the wiring the dx is as straitforward as the SI, and if you want a sunroof, you can always add it.

make your life easy get a si. crxs' don't weight shit

Weight does make a difference in light torqueless cars like Honda, plus it will help with handeling. If wieght didn't mean anything then why do a lot of people put a lot of effort into lightening their cars. The dpfi to mpfi conversion is really easy, takes about 2-3 hours at most.

Originally posted by dok@Mar 3 2004, 06:51 AM
make your life easy get a si. crxs' don't weight shit

yup a few extra punds are worth it. youll have a sunroof and a better suspension. def worth it IMO

If you talking about swaping a type r into a rex I'd say mpfi swap is the least of your worries! :moon:

Originally posted by rushcrx+Feb 28 2004, 05:05 PM-->
Originally posted by SiR Kid@Jan 29 2004, 04:10 AM
ludegirl
@Jan 28 2004, 11:34 PM
Some HFs have a/c and sunroofs

NO HF has a sunroof unless it's aftermarket.

ummm yea mine does... :fuckyou: and hf is the best candidate PERIOD

Don't fucking flip me off dipshit.

You sunroof is NOT stock. It's aftermarket. NO HF had a sunroof. They were a stripped down weight conscious model, and the sunroof would have ADDED 40-60 pounds to it. They didn't make an HF specific 2.5 MPH rear bumper just to throw a shitload of weight away by adding a sunroof.

Also, pissing off a moderator is NOT a smart way to act.

If you want to build a near race car, get a HF or DX. If you are getting serious with most any Honda, you basically need to replace everything for performance sake anyway.

If you want a nice daily driver, get the Si. The power sunroof is nice to have, and later year Si's have rear discs. Si's basically need less to make it a potent street machine. If you really like driving a nicer version of the CRX, you will find a way to make that extra 8-10 HP it takes to move that lard-ass Si around :roll:

The BEST MODEL CRX is a 1988 honda crx HF, it already has a type-r rear suspension setup and is the lightest of all years. Not to mention it is MPFI ready for a swap!

damn brought back from the dead twice, and since it is i just might as well continue the HF w/ sunroof agrument and add that my HF does in fact have a sun roof and although i cannot say that it is factory or not for sure as i did not buy it from the dealer I can tell you that she has 100% factory parts on her so id say its factory but whatever....

:withstupid: my hf defitnely has a sunroof (sirkid) no offense but it defitney has a STOCK sunroof. Yes the were made with weight in mind but......they still have a sunroof. Also not trying to piss you off or anything just getting a point across!!! :thumbsup:

Back